Reason Rack Plugin FREE with any purchase at Plugin Boutique during July

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecode wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:36 pm i am confused. i thought thie PB offer is for Reason Rack Lite. So I assume it is for a lite stripped down version of the rack plugins and excludes the DAW.

Has anyone installed it and can confirm this? It for have, are you able to have it installed with 10 lite alongside? I have 10 Lite that I got with hardware and quite like it, but not enough to dump my existing main DAW and switch to it.
It's the 11.3 Lite DAW plus the 11.3 Lite VST3 plugin.

It's just... Reason Lite. :)

telecode wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:36 pm i am confused. i thought thie PB offer is for Reason Rack Lite. So I assume it is for a lite stripped down version of the rack plugins and excludes the DAW.

Has anyone installed it and can confirm this? It for have, are you able to have it installed with 10 lite alongside? I have 10 Lite that I got with hardware and quite like it, but not enough to dump my existing main DAW and switch to it.
reason 11.3.1 lite is what you get, from PB. reason rack plugin + DAW.
reason 11.2.1 lite is DAW only, but a lot of the great instruments.

so the lite version with reason rack plugin contains much less instruments. a very small collection even.

it seems that they can be installed alongside.

also it is now possible to use 11.3.1 offline (don't know about 11.2.1).

this thread, explains it better (i got the info from there, because i own reason 11 suite, i can't check myself, or i can, but..);

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... &t=7518388

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 pm

so the lite version with reason rack plugin contains much less instruments. a very small collection even.
Seems obvious to me that they went that path though. If they would have offered the same amount of instruments AND the ability to load as a rack plugin, then noone would have to buy the full Reason anymore.

Wonder if I could use Reason 11.2.1 Lite now though with my license, which only says "Reason 11 Lite". There's only links to download Reason 11.3 Lite though.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:38 pm
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Seems obvious to me that they went that path though. If they would have offered the same amount of instruments AND the ability to load as a rack plugin, then noone would have to buy the full Reason anymore.

Wonder if I could use Reason 11.2.1 Lite now though with my license, which only says "Reason 11 Lite". There's only links to download Reason 11.3 Lite though.
check out the thread on reasontalk:

or else i am copying what is said there, it is a "complex" (not a complex-1, sorry, bad joke) matter, but in the end it simple.

there are links in that thread, even on a reason studios page, where you can dowload, via torrent, many versions.

but that thread is thé thread, with -so far i can judge- the most correct information, not at first, but then some people enter and make it very simple...

EDIT: and you are right, that 2 lite version, one with the plugin contains less instruments.
but is a bit strange. it can be done according the thread, two lite versions, but of course, the reason rack plugin will have less instruments, as the daw of 11.3.1.

TBH, I wondered anyway why they offer so many instruments in a Lite version. But, hey, they gotta know. :D

chk071 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:51 pm TBH, I wondered anyway why they offer so many instruments in a Lite version. But, hey, they gotta know. :D
I guess it's the same as Bitwig 8-Track - let you play with all the goodies in a track-limited sandbox in the hope that you'll like them so much you'll upgrade to get rid of the limitations.

I just can't see that happening with Subtractor, Redrum and Monotone. :roll:

FREE Reason Lite Rack | Tutorial #5 | Combinator Basics - Rotary & Button Macro Routing

https://youtu.be/yeXaMecRyMk

Scales & Chords Controlling Any Synth VSTi | Reason Lite Rack Tutorial

https://youtu.be/T50_QpGyh9g

I got it but it's so SMAAAAALLLL. Do all Reason users have ancient monitors with low resolution? :o
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

What?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 pm reason 11.3.1 lite is what you get, from PB. reason rack plugin + DAW.
it seems that they can be installed alongside.
also it is now possible to use 11.3.1 offline (don't know about 11.2.1).
this thread, explains it better (i got the info from there, because i own reason 11 suite, i can't check myself, or i can, but..);
Thanks for the link to that thread.
I wondered what happened to my Reason Lite after installed the latest update.
I haven't managed to install both versions.
So either decide to install v.11.3 with less instruments but with rack plugin enabled or v.11.2 as a standalone DAW but with the same number of instruments and effects as Intro (but limited to 8 tracks as opposed to 16).

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm What?
:hihi:
And you can see and understand the word « what » which you couldn’t if you were in Reason ! Hopefully they’re working on it :hyper:

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It's useless, IMO. I've already uninstalled it. Not miffed. It only cost a dollar :-P

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”