Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:32 pmWell they are top level navigation buttons. You wouldn't be able to navigate from the Start page to begin with to get to the song page for example.
That's not true. All those pages are accessible from the top drop-down menu. Also, I should be able to decide if I don't want to see them because HONEST TO GOD I never clicked any of them! I don't open several projects at once, if I want to go to start page it's because I want to start a new project so I can do this with a keyboard shortcut or from top menu, I'm not interested in mastering and even less in live performance. I don't want to see those buttons, but obviously others can choose to see them!

It's baffling that you don't get why someone would want to customise something, while all you post about is customising Studio One, plugins or - before that - Reason :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:55 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:32 pmWell they are top level navigation buttons. You wouldn't be able to navigate from the Start page to begin with to get to the song page for example.
That's not true. All those pages are accessible from the top drop-down menu. Also, I should be able to decide if I don't want to see them because HONEST TO GOD I never clicked any of them! I don't open several projects at once, if I want to go to start page it's because I want to start a new project so I can do this with a keyboard shortcut or from top menu, I'm not interested in mastering and even less in live performance. I don't want to see those buttons, but obviously others can choose to see them!

It's baffling that you don't get why someone would want to customise something, while all you post about is customising Studio One, plugins or - before that - Reason :dog:
No, I completely understand why you don't want to see those buttons, it's not much different from me wanting to see the Pool tab have priority over the Shop and Cloud Tabs so I can have more screen estate and ability to hide those tabs I rarely if ever use or perhaps even want to see. The Pool tab plays a practical role when using Studio One, but the user can't change that order and make more space for things. I've got 107 votes for that on Presonus Answers - https://answers.presonus.com/46616/vote ... rom-studio

Presonus are still not interested... even though it was the first thing I posted on the actual release date of that version where they changed it.

Edit: You can actually remove the Shop Tab by going to Extensions, it doesn't work for the Cloud tab though.

In the case of the buttons you mention that you want hidden, yes they are in a menu... but for anyone using Studio One for the first time or regularly switch, the omission of those buttons would be an inconvenience. One could go down the route of creating a script and to create a blank button in a similar way one creates a colour edit button, only wider but again the solution I highlighted is far easier and simpler to use, (Custom Desktop Logo 2). http://customdesktoplogo.wikidot.com/download

Unless you drag your plugins into the Start button area, you'll never notice the overlay being used.

Personally I've gone up in resolution because I have more screen estate for things, and 1080p if things are too small plugin wise and don't work well with Hi-DPi enabled for plugins.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

antic604 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:55 pm

Same thing goes for Browser. I rarely use cloud and shop, like maybe once a year, but the pool I use it a bunch of times for every project. Why won't allow to reorder them, at least. If I could, I would also remove the Home button cause has no use for me. I would keep just Instruments, Effect, Files and Pool.
8e6ksxObKy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nIGhT-SoN on Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Would be cool if they could make an option to re-order, or remove tabs from the browser.

You're aware that you can make a feature request, right? https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... e-requests

There is already one, which I voted and in comments was suggested reordering - https://answers.presonus.com/46616/vote ... rom-studio

Break One Nine A Copy Cummon

Rusty Nail for Candy Cane...

Candy Cane Is Right Here...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Very informative article on tuning S1's performance:

https://blog.presonus.com/index.php/202 ... itor-cool/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Graig Anderton was a die-hard Sonar promoter/trainer, right? Or did I mix things?

I just got a new laptop and after getting everything installed, Viper and JP6K don't show up in Studio One. I've installed the redistributable, as per the install instructions, but they still don't show up. They installed perfectly on my other machine so I'm not sure why there is a problem now. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? I've already raised a support ticket but who knows how long that might take.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:16 pm I just got a new laptop and after getting everything installed, Viper and JP6K don't show up in Studio One. I've installed the redistributable, as per the install instructions, but they still don't show up. They installed perfectly on my other machine so I'm not sure why there is a problem now. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? I've already raised a support ticket but who knows how long that might take.
Could they have been blacklisted? There’s an option for Studio One to reset the plugins blacklist in the Options.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Also, as stupid as it sounds, make sure to install the correct version, 64-bit vs. 32-bit.

Yeah, done all those things. The file is actually named "JP6K (64).dll" so it's hard to get that wrong. I even checked the plugin log file and they are listed, just like everything else. So it knows they are there.

Presonus just gave me a big, long list of things to try, most of which I have already done, but I won't get anything out of them until Monday now, I imagine. Of course, it has to be the one synth I use in every single song so I can't do any bloody thing on the new machine over the weekend. Typical!

Thanks for your replies, though, I appreciate the effort.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:27 am Yeah, done all those things. The file is actually named "JP6K (64).dll" so it's hard to get that wrong. I even checked the plugin log file and they are listed, just like everything else. So it knows they are there.

Presonus just gave me a big, long list of things to try, most of which I have already done, but I won't get anything out of them until Monday now, I imagine. Of course, it has to be the one synth I use in every single song so I can't do any bloody thing on the new machine over the weekend. Typical!

Thanks for your replies, though, I appreciate the effort.
Have you tried renaming the dll to JP6K64 or similar. S1 might not like the brackets

BONES wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:27 am Presonus just gave me a big, long list of things to try, most of which I have already done
if you still have the Studio One 5 settings files from your original Windows machine (located at C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5), you may be able to copy over the applicable file (or entries from within it to the new version of the same file) to the same folder on your new laptop. Files worth looking at are the "PluginPresentation.settings" file and the "Studio One.settings" file.

Of course, it's always a good idea to take a backup of your current settings files before experimenting on them, so that you always have the originals to compare with or revert back to.

Best of luck to you as you troubleshoot the issue.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

You could also make sure they are not hidden.
HJyINQnTHC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”