Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

antic604 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:29 pm
Fornicras wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:44 amWhy should I pay the same fee with someone that has not paid for the license? Feels like it's a ripoff when you think that way. It's about $16 per month with my local pricing, if it was $8 per month I'd get it without hesitating.
Just sell the Pro license. You should be able to get ~$200 for it. That basically gives you Sphere for 2 years at half the price ;)

You can also buy yearly Sphere sub for $149 at audiodeluxe.com (once it's in the basket):
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... membership
That's a great idea, to be honest, I never thought I could sell my license. I was a longtime user of FL,
and FL doesn't allow this, this is why I guess.

However, I like the idea of owning the DAW but simply pay a subscription for the extras. That's why I want them to lower the price of it for the owners of Studio One.

Fornicras wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:01 amHowever, I like the idea of owning the DAW but simply pay a subscription for the extras. That's why I want them to lower the price of it for the owners of Studio One.
I don't think this will happen. What you can do is to wait until v6 or v7 and only then join the Sphere, which would give you the most recent version without the upgrade cost.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Eugh another "quirk" of this DAW I love to hate, I find if I need to make edits on a project around shortening them, I can cut the bits of project I want and it will delete everything including automation. But when I go to move the rest of the track parts in one selection to fill the gap I've cut, it won't move everything, instead it will leave all my automation now out of sync with where I want it.

Is there a simple way to move everything including automation when you cut & paste ?

I found the Ctrl+Alt+D method which is okay I guess but it's not really what I want as it doesn't solve being able to to select multiple lanes of automation to copy & paste

Make sure you activate move automation with events (wrench icon in the arranger).

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:27 pmMake sure you activate move automation with events (wrench icon in the arranger).
It's really annoying how that option doesn't have a dedicated button/icon on the top bar. Literally every time I want to move or edit something I need to double check what's the state of it is in the "wrench" menu, because even if I assign a keyboard shortcut to it I'd still have to try to move something to know whether it was on or off... :dog:

Sometimes it's so evident that S1 wasn't build for music production, but rather for mixing & mastering.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:08 pm
nIGhT-SoN wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:27 pmMake sure you activate move automation with events (wrench icon in the arranger).
It's really annoying how that option doesn't have a dedicated button/icon on the top bar. Literally every time I want to move or edit something I need to double check what's the state of it is in the "wrench" menu, because even if I assign a keyboard shortcut to it I'd still have to try to move something to know whether it was on or off... :dog:

Sometimes it's so evident that S1 wasn't build for music production, but rather for mixing & mastering.
nIGhT-SoN wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:27 pm Make sure you activate move automation with events (wrench icon in the arranger).
Thanks

Would be nice if there was a toggle switch somewhere on the UI to show which state it is in

So having automation follows events seemingly has no effect if I cut & paste, it works as expected if I move events on the timeline, but if I cut an event, it will leave the automation unless the automation is on top but if I have multiple automations for instance modifying filter frequency along with resonance it will only cut/copy whatever is in view leaving the other one alone.

This is really f**king annoying that such a simple thing is so difficult to do, I'll happily concede to being an idiot if it's user error but I can't find any setting that changes this behaviour to allow me to cut everything within a selection :evil:

Seems to be an issue with select all not actually selecting all, possibly a bug, dunno if it happens to others so maybe it's a feature

Yellow circles are bit of automation that did move, red circles are automation on same lane that didn't get to move because obviously they weren't selected as all, also the lead midi automation was moved, but the lead midi wasn't so the fuzzy blue is the massive gap that is left, there's more automation lanes that only have partial automation moved, it seems to only be moving what is in view. Despite having the option ticked to move automation with event this is not happening and is just wasting a massive amount of my time as I have nearly as much automation as tracks.

There has to be some selection option that actually selects all, I can't imagine it would be so stupid to expect you to move every single lane of automation separately ????

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:52 pm I'm pretty sure that they will stick to their 2 years cycle now. All signs point to that.

So, Studio One 6 -> mid 2022. ;)
Still on Studio One 3 Pro and Artist 5, I was going to update S1 Pro 3 on BF, I might hold out for V6 BF 2022. Thanks for the info.

Convert to audio track doesn't work for me in V3, but I also use pipeline, I'm torn between the 2.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Digivolt wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:04 pm So having automation follows events seemingly has no effect if I cut & paste, it works as expected if I move events on the timeline, but if I cut an event, it will leave the automation unless the automation is on top but if I have multiple automations for instance modifying filter frequency along with resonance it will only cut/copy whatever is in view leaving the other one alone.

This is really f**king annoying that such a simple thing is so difficult to do, I'll happily concede to being an idiot if it's user error but I can't find any setting that changes this behaviour to allow me to cut everything within a selection :evil:

Seems to be an issue with select all not actually selecting all, possibly a bug, dunno if it happens to others so maybe it's a feature

Yellow circles are bit of automation that did move, red circles are automation on same lane that didn't get to move because obviously they weren't selected as all, also the lead midi automation was moved, but the lead midi wasn't so the fuzzy blue is the massive gap that is left, there's more automation lanes that only have partial automation moved, it seems to only be moving what is in view. Despite having the option ticked to move automation with event this is not happening and is just wasting a massive amount of my time as I have nearly as much automation as tracks.

There has to be some selection option that actually selects all, I can't imagine it would be so stupid to expect you to move every single lane of automation separately ????
You are right. the only way is to show all automation lanes under the event and do a selection with range tool including the event and all automation data under it and then do the cut/paste.

Edit: Just checked again and even if you do not see the automations you can select an event or a part of it with the range tool and that includes all automation. So the trick here is to use the range tool for cut copy paste operations of events that include automation. Pointer tool does not select the automations when cut paste used.

ozinga wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:50 am
Digivolt wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:04 pm So having automation follows events seemingly has no effect if I cut & paste, it works as expected if I move events on the timeline, but if I cut an event, it will leave the automation unless the automation is on top but if I have multiple automations for instance modifying filter frequency along with resonance it will only cut/copy whatever is in view leaving the other one alone.

You are right. the only way is to show all automation lanes under the event and do a selection with range tool including the event and all automation data under it and then do the cut/paste.

Edit: Just checked again and even if you do not see the automations you can select an event or a part of it with the range tool and that includes all automation. So the trick here is to use the range tool for cut copy paste operations of events that include automation. Pointer tool does not select the automations when cut paste used.
Yep range tool seems to be the one I need :pray:

There was an update, not that it matters to me personally. (Sticking with the reliable S1 4.6 version).

Version 5.4.1 Release Notes (October 14, 2021):

The following issues have been fixed:
● [Apple Silicon Native] Tuner shows incorrect results
● [ATOM SQ] Fixed page numbers for Song, Instrument, and Editor buttons
● [macOS] Touch event is offset in plug-in select menu
● [Note Editor] Tab to next note not working consistently
● 32-bit float recording from Capture shows up as 16-bit in Studio One
● Alt+Drag in arrangement intermittently crashes S1
● BPM from WAV file not properly applied to audio part
● Can’t drag WAV files to browser to export events with FX
● Cancel mixdown keeps rendered part
● Crash when closing plug-in editor via touch
● Crash with Acustica Audio N4 plug-in

● "Cursor follows edit position” option fails when dragging chords from the chord track to the arrangement
● Dragging notes from note editor to arrangement delivers unexpected results
● Dragging time-stretched audio event with detected chords to instrument track creates event with wrong length
● Dragging Splitter from browser search result shows unwanted behaviour
● Higher audio monitoring latency reported in certain cases

● Impact XT inside a multi-instrument creates unwanted noise
● Note On not sent to MIDI outputs when MPE enabled
● Pipeline ‘ping’ doesn’t work when transport is stopped
● Potential crash on system shutdown when Studio One is still open
● Scores from Notion using Jazz font are displayed incorrectly
● Some automation parameters may be linked to the wrong track with bus automation
● SoundCloud browser tab occasionally stays empty
● With Plug-in Nap active, reverb tail is cut from certain AU plug-ins
● With Show Page in Perform View, pressing space bar to play/stop doesn’t work when Setlist is in focus
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I've noticed that grabbing and moving an audio event / clip along the timeline is extremely jaggy / laggy on my system (PC). Do any of you have this issue?

Notice how it jumps, just by moving a small clip in a simple 1-track song with no plug-ins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acxJCSv2v-o
Studio One Professional 5.4.1 • Win 11 • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 • Radeon RX 5700 • MSI B450 Mortar Max • 16 GB RAM • Audient iD22 + iD14

Metrik+ wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:53 pm I've noticed that grabbing and moving an audio event / clip along the timeline is extremely jaggy / laggy on my system (PC). Do any of you have this issue?

Notice how it jumps, just by moving a small clip in a simple 1-track song with no plug-ins:
Looks pretty normal to me and in any case, it's not something you will be doing often when laying down a track. You can use the arranger track for more precise and immediate positioning of clips as an alternative way to move things around.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Metrik+ wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:53 pm I've noticed that grabbing and moving an audio event / clip along the timeline is extremely jaggy / laggy on my system (PC). Do any of you have this issue?

Notice how it jumps, just by moving a small clip in a simple 1-track song with no plug-ins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acxJCSv2v-o
Disable loop following selection and see if it helps?
Music tech enthusiast

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:54 pm Looks pretty normal to me and in any case, it's not something you will be doing often when laying down a track. You can use the arranger track for more precise and immediate positioning of clips as an alternative way to move things around.
Any obvious lag in user input will definitely hurt my user experience using the software. And I am sliding events around in my normal DAW work flow.

Watching the Presonus youtube videos with Joe and Gregory, I haven't noticed the same amount of lag, when they do something similar.

But if everyone have the same lag, I'll stop looking for a solution of course.
Studio One Professional 5.4.1 • Win 11 • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 • Radeon RX 5700 • MSI B450 Mortar Max • 16 GB RAM • Audient iD22 + iD14

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”