Studio One 5 Available Now (5.2 March 9, 2021 - Discussion around pg. 67)

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRAF
7956 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:30 am

nIGhT-SoN wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:20 am
Wait, what?! I didn't knew that I was often annoyed by that cause sometimes I want to export stems without sends. :dog:
Well, then you can just select 'channels' instead of 'tracks' when using Export Stems.

"Tracks" is a full audio path from instrument/sample -> Inserts -> Sends. "Channel" is a channel from the Console, i.e. an instrument/sample -> Inserts, or a bus, or an FX track, etc.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

GRRRRRRR!
11229 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:31 pm

Something I've discovered in recent days, when trying to get my hardware set up to work with Studio One, is that is seems very sensitive to changes in its environment. It froze on me several times after adding one instrument and then switching the next one on to add it. Once I got things set up, it all went back to being fine but I'd had to kill it in Task Manager three or four times.

Once it's set up , the hardware workflow is excellent, almost the same as using plugins. The only thing holding me back now is that I've run out of channels on my I/O device, so at least three of my hardware synths don't fit into the system, four if I want to put the Ultranova in (because it's stereo and half the others aren't). I think the best solution is to cull my hardware, not buy an I/O device with more inputs. Anyone want to buy a lightly used Analog Keys? Or an as-new Skulpt?? How about a Craft Synth 2.0 with one owner, only played on weekends??? I might even be convinced to part with my Ultranova, if I know it's going to a good home. I don't really need any of them. Uno and Rocket are the only ones I actually ever switch on these days and I'd only keep them because I love 'em, not because I have any real use for them.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, JP6K, Hexeract, Vacuum Pro, TRK-01, Knifonium, Equator, VG Carbon, VG Iron | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

KVRAF
4010 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:48 pm

BONES wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:29 pm
Shoot me in the head if I ever have to use a script to produce music. Please.
Lua script in architect is there for those who prefer scripting over connecting wires graphically
Both options are available .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

GRRRRRRR!

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:39 pm

Still, you're connecting wires. If I wanted to do that, I'd still be working in hardware.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, JP6K, Hexeract, Vacuum Pro, TRK-01, Knifonium, Equator, VG Carbon, VG Iron | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

KVRAF
5603 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:23 am

Run the least used hardware through a cheap mixer?

GRRRRRRR!

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:46 pm

Got one of those, the one with built-in USB I/O, after trying four others. It's rubbish and overcomplicates everything if you can't also use it as your I/O but I gauged that I had just about worn out my welcome with the shop I kept returning them to, so I kept it anyway. I definitely need to sell it.

KVRist
96 posts since 7 Nov, 2009 from DC

Post Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:51 pm

BONES wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:31 pm
Something I've discovered in recent days, when trying to get my hardware set up to work with Studio One, is that is seems very sensitive to changes in its environment. It froze on me several times after adding one instrument and then switching the next one on to add it. Once I got things set up, it all went back to being fine but I'd had to kill it in Task Manager three or four times.

Once it's set up , the hardware workflow is excellent, almost the same as using plugins. The only thing holding me back now is that I've run out of channels on my I/O device, so at least three of my hardware synths don't fit into the system, four if I want to put the Ultranova in (because it's stereo and half the others aren't). I think the best solution is to cull my hardware, not buy an I/O device with more inputs. Anyone want to buy a lightly used Analog Keys? Or an as-new Skulpt?? How about a Craft Synth 2.0 with one owner, only played on weekends??? I might even be convinced to part with my Ultranova, if I know it's going to a good home. I don't really need any of them. Uno and Rocket are the only ones I actually ever switch on these days and I'd only keep them because I love 'em, not because I have any real use for them.
Sorry to hear that. I thought Studio One gave you no issues. All my external hardware, and presonus hardware are working great.

GRRRRRRR!

Post Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Yeah, it's all good now that it's set up, it was just a bit of weirdness while I was getting it done.

KVRian
881 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:45 pm

Anybody know if Studio One has a counter to show amount of tracks and plugins in a song without having to physically count everything ??

KVRAF
7956 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:12 pm

Digivolt wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:45 pm
Anybody know if Studio One has a counter to show amount of tracks and plugins in a song without having to physically count everything ??
Each track & channel has an increasing number on it. In Console when you unfold the Instruments tab you can see all the instruments used.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRist
242 posts since 12 Oct, 2003

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:31 am

5.1.2 is up

Version 5.1.2 Release Notes (January 19, 2021):

Please note:

- Make sure that your 3rd party plug-ins are updated to the most recent version.
- [macOS only] If you’re experiencing any graphics issues with 3rd-party plug-ins, you may disable graphics hardware acceleration (Preferences > General) for improved compatibility.

New features and improvements:

● Updated ARA integration for VocAlign

The following issues have been fixed:

● Wrong audio may play from cache on soloed track when changing song tempo
● [macOS] Graphics hardware acceleration option shown active even when unavailable
● [macOS] Plug-in window not resizing correctly when switching tabs among Audio Units
● [macOS] Key switch dialog “OK” and “Cancel” button positions swapped
● [macOS] Main window may exit fullscreen mode when a plug-in window is pinned
● [FaderPort] Manual page count incorrect after returning from autofill mode
● [FaderPort] Page left/right buttons get stuck in UI when remote-controlled
● [Control Link] Paged static mappings do not respect non-pageable controls
● [Slate Raven] Potential crash on adding tracks

● [ProEQ2] Piano keyboard overlay missing after switching among multiple instances
● [Ampire] Sound changes while swapping inactive stomps’ positions
● [Ampire] Cabinet image "M65" is upside down
● [Tuner] shows wrong octave
● [Auto Filter] Filter closes when cutoff is set to high and LFO is engaged
● [Macro Organizer] Hitting a letter repeatedly will lose keyboard focus
● Potential freeze when editing Event FX
● Potential crash when using MMC Record
● Potential crash on opening multiple events with Melodyne or VocAlign
● Potential crash when rapidly enabling and disabling multiple folder tracks
● Potential crash on removing plug-in via drop-down menu
● Potential crash on instantiating Fat Channel

● Loop length tooltip is showing wrong values
● Copy sends from the Track Inspector does not work
● Deleting automation via range selection creates unwanted node at start of selection
● Wrong behavior with "No Overlaps" when moving two audio events simultaneously
● Mai Tai UI key bed and music playback may freeze when playing a note
● Crash on executing "Expand Folder Track" command when “Group Tracks” is enabled

KVRian
1380 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:38 am

ozinga wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:31 am
5.1.2 is up

Version 5.1.2 Release Notes (January 19, 2021):
Thank you for the heads up! Your post was the first I had heard of it.
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 5 Pro; FL Studio 20.8; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer/Producer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

KVRer
5 posts since 20 Jan, 2021

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Looks like mostly bugfixes. Does Presonus tend to add features in smaller patches like this?

KVRian
1380 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:14 pm

risemix wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:08 pm
Looks like mostly bugfixes. Does Presonus tend to add features in smaller patches like this?
This recent update from version 5.1.1 to 5.1.2 is a "maintenance"/"patch" release, so you are correct that it is mostly bug-fixes, which is typical for a maintenance release. While new features may have appeared in small patches like this one, those new features were usually improvements, such as new hardware support. More substantial new features are usually released as part of a "minor" point release (e.g. from 5.1.2 to 5.2.0). The "x.5" update is often a special point release which is somewhere between a "minor" release and a "major" release. To the best of my knowledge, PreSonus has only ever charged money for a "major" release (e.g. 5.5 to 6.0).
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 5 Pro; FL Studio 20.8; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer/Producer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

KVRian
881 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:51 am

Any smexoscope users having issues with v5 not scanning the plugin along with the VST3 version of Span ?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”