Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Some nice stuff in this release that I've been waiting a long time for (seriously, it's like they looked at the feature requests I submitted and added the big ones)...

-Integrated Score Editor
-Articulations, with a dedicated keyswitch view to keep them separate from note data
-Mixer Snapshots
-Hardware Instrument Plugins
-Control Room software
-Clip Gain
-MPE/Poly Pressure (MPE doesn't work with VST3 instruments :dog: )
-Tape-style time stretch
-MTC/MMC Sync
-"Live Performance" mode

Info here: https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One

Details on the updates: https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... atsNew.pdf

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IPe8NPHsns
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Mpe enable !
Best
YY

Was hoping for automation clips and internal midi routing, oh well. Still a great update.

Ooh...and a shiny new [optional] Presonsus subscription program. Exactly what the people have been asking for. :lol:

is there a grace period for people like me that upgraded to 4.6 recently?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:35 pm Ooh...and a shiny new [optional] Presonsus subscription program. Exactly what the people have been asking for. :lol:
To be fair, if they continue with their perpetual license scheme, every 2 years a new version, then that'll be basically a subscription model for most people as well. ;)

In 20 minutes, you'll be able to buy the new Studio One, BTW.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kurviak wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:36 pm is there a grace period for people like me that upgraded to 4.6 recently?
Most probably.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:36 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:35 pm Ooh...and a shiny new [optional] Presonsus subscription program. Exactly what the people have been asking for. :lol:
To be fair, if they continue with their perpetual license scheme, every 2 years a new version, then that'll be basically a subscription model for most people as well. ;)
And do not forget: this includes every channelstrip plugin, every soundset, everything for $14.95

Not a bad deal though...

But as it is now, i can watch the livestream, go "nothing there for me" and keep using 4.6 without it costing me anything, cant do that with a poxy sub.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Can Studio One now be the Slave with Midi Time Code???
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Kypresso wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm

But as it is now, i can watch the livestream, go "nothing there for me" and keep using 4.6 without it costing me anything, cant do that with a poxy sub.
That's true. But, you can do that anyway. And they won't give up the perpetual licenses anyway.

Free update if you bought after 1st Apr :D

Any idea on what the upgrade cost typically is to go from version to version (pro)? (looks like $150 traditionally?)

Yep, $150. Not sure if it'll still be the same. (I hope they've gone for incremental update prices ;))

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”