Humble Bundle: Coral Painter 2023 | Painshop Pro 2023 | Video Studio | AfterShot Pro

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GaryG wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:55 pm I thought Ecox, Filtox etc were discontinued when they upgraded their authentication servers a few years ago? Think I still have my serials, nice sounding plugins.
I think they sold the rights to Magix? Looks like you can only add one, but hey... for a buck...

arkmabat wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:39 pm
GaryG wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:55 pm I thought Ecox, Filtox etc were discontinued when they upgraded their authentication servers a few years ago? Think I still have my serials, nice sounding plugins.
I think they sold the rights to Magix? Looks like you can only add one, but hey... for a buck...
Oh the versions I have are Magix, Magix Vintage Suite?

Yes. I just authorized all three of the effects plugins without trouble. If yours aren't activating, you might email Magix and show proof of purchase for new installers.

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:02 pm It cost 399 € back then.
So does the new PA Amek EQ 200... ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

The difference is that the software isn't usually on sale from Magix for a fraction of the price one year after the release or so. And that the software is a "tiny" bit more complex than an EQ plugin. ;)

Seriously, it's a great piece of software, for a very low price. Dunno what's to rant about.

I bought humble bundle 4 times now, one was vegas pro edit. I think there are not so many video applications , that support asio, vst and both intel/nvidia and amd/amd combos (cpu/gpu) with their rendering support. So i think even vegas version 16 should be cool, btw. there should be also demo installers on magix's website running 7 days or something.

One humble bundle i got the pinnacle ultimate 24 version, also a bargain. You ask: why buying more than 1 video editor? They have a different ensemble of title generators, subtitle , intro/outro stuff and special fx. some are cool in vegas, some are more cool in pinnacle editor. Sometimes i render the coolest stuff of a short part and use them in vegas pro.

Here is the result of that "mixed" work (Sinister V3):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8kHGVFpmGQ

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:57 pm The difference is that the software isn't usually on sale from Magix for a fraction of the price one year after the release or so.
It's constantly on sale. That was my point. I could "upgrade" to Pro Edit 18 (plus a few nice plugins) from an age old version of Vegas Video Studio for 99€ right now. They send about three different once-in-a-lifetime offers per day (my spam-filter catches about half of them).
chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:57 pm . Dunno what's to rant about.
If saying "not a fantastic deal imo" constitutes of a rant for you, I guess you must be posting from a sanatorium or so.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Was anyone able to get the __ox plugins with the voucher? I'm getting errors on various products during the buying process.

Well, I don't know what factors contribute to their pricing, however, I've currently got the best offer I've seen in a while and that's $149 to go from Vegas Pro Edit 15 to Vegas Pro Edit 18. The difference between Edit and full Pro varies by version, I don't recall what it was with 16, but, with 18 it's the inclusion of Sound Forge and the ability to do multichannel audio editing.

The $149 offer comes around regularly and on Black Friday it included a larger suite of Boris FX.

It is constantly on sale, but the prices that I see vary between $150 and $200 consistently. It very well could be that it's because I've not been a customer that long, or, it could be because I purchased both previous versions at a discount.

They were still offering version 16 up to September of 2019. Version 17 was short lived for whatever reasons. The point being that because their business model relies on cheap upgrades, they upgrade Vegas frequently, about once a year on average. It also seems that they rely on the Humble Bundle deals, and also deals with education retailers, to bring in new customers. I was expecting the version 16 Humble Bundle to come along at some point and I expect that you'll see another new offer within the next year or two.

One other point, AFAIK, any bonus fx you get are locked to the version. I've heard that if you want the Boris stuff that you're better off, in the sense that your purchased will have a longer life, to wait for their sale and buy what you need from them so it's not locked to the version of Vegas that you buy.

Movie Studio 17 Platinum can be had for 49$ right now:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/u ... roductMenu

Includes several relevant additional plugins too.

Imo a much better deal than this Humble Bundle.

Personally, I have zero interest in moving from vegas 15 / soundforge 11 to whatever versions as they both work as well as necessary for me. But yeah, sooner or later the version I could pay $150 for now, will be the version available at the humble store for $15, no doubt. :lol:

*Looking at the current bundle, the only thing worth getting is vegas pro edit 16. The rest is rubbish imo. Cut down versions of higher level products. :shrug:

*IIRC the most significant difference between vegas 15 and 16 is that gpu acceleration is added to 16.
Possibly it might be worth it to upgrade for $30, if you're finding 15 too slow, though I would be
surprised it would make a huge difference in performance, being that it's still an old implementation
as compared to the current version, at 2 versions past it.
Last edited by pekbro on Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm a bit confused and ask myself what's to hate about this deal (especially when you propose spending 4 to 6 times as much at the same time...), but, hey, I stopped trying to understand KVR years ago. :P

pekbro wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:09 am Personally, I have zero interest in moving from vegas 15 / soundforge 11 to whatever versions as they both work as well as necessary for me. But yeah, sooner or later the version I could pay $150 for now, will be the version available at the humble store for $15, no doubt. :lol:

*Looking at the current bundle, the only thing worth getting is vegas pro edit 16. The rest is rubbish imo. Cut down versions of higher level products. :shrug:

*IIRC the most significant difference between vegas 15 and 16 is that gpu acceleration is added to 16.
Possibly it might be worth it to upgrade for $30, if you're finding 15 too slow, though I would be
surprised it would make a huge difference in performance, being that it's still an old implementation
as compared to the current version, at 2 versions past it.
I don't care about soundforge, but, it seems that Vegas 16 has a couple of quality of life features that might be worthwhile. I do agree that Movie Studio Platinum gives you more toys for the money, IF, you use them. I wouldn't use that stuff so it's just another $20 that I don't have to spend, and, I get a free loop pack out of the deal.

Definitely $30 is a good deal I think. The Movie studio thing would probably be good for a lot of folks.
Personally I don't like to use 2D effects for anything other than straight up 2D animation, even then
honestly. You can do all of that stuff in 3D, in Blender even, then just edit it in vegas. That way your
shadows, reflections and whatnot are correct. :shrug:

nvmd

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”