Humble Bundle: Coral Painter 2023 | Painshop Pro 2023 | Video Studio | AfterShot Pro

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome thanks a lot for the tip!

New Bundle

Humble Software Bundle: Mega Sound Designer Loop Crate Vol 2

" Loot Crate Vol 1 did so well, we’ve made another, featuring more than 13,000 royalty-free assets you can use to make music magic! Discover Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio, Voltage Modular Ignite, DCO-106 Synthesizer, and more in the new Mega Sound Designer Loop Crate Vol 2 bundle. "

https://youtu.be/QPzn3kkHcI0

https://youtu.be/g5yeH3Sc9zA

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/m ... edium=link
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Those loop packs though, LOL. The only one that speaks to me is the ausie chick speaking to me.

pekbro wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 pm Resolve would probably be overkill for many. I would be surprised if it offered better performance over
vegas for most, actually. It's got a lot of stuff to draw. *shrug
Hitfilm express is free too and less of a learning curve. If you don't appreciate Resolve.

The bundle has a lot of shovelware targeting amateurs who think they are getting a great deal.

VitaminD wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:58 pm
pekbro wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 pm Resolve would probably be overkill for many. I would be surprised if it offered better performance over
vegas for most, actually. It's got a lot of stuff to draw. *shrug
Hitfilm express is free too and less of a learning curve. If you don't appreciate Resolve.

The bundle has a lot of shovelware targeting amateurs who think they are getting a great deal.
That's Humble Bundle in a nutshell though. I always apply the same algorithm to bundles whether they're from companies like NI, or less reputable brands. What is the value, to me, of the things that I want, if that value is more than the asking price, then the bundle is a good deal for me and I'm free to just ignore the shoveled crap.

The video bundle is gone now, but it was a decent deal if you wanted some of the newer Vegas features that are in 16 and the cost to switch to a different platform was greater than the cost of the bundle.

I think that this new bundle is probably not bad if you don't already own "Ignite" and you want the DCO106+MG1. For some reason I have the MG-1 and I don't remember paying for it ever, maybe I did, maybe it was free for a while. But the rest of it is definitely some ripe shit. Except, of course, the ausis gal with her positive affirmations. Not gonna lie, if that sample set was in the dollar bundle, I'd already have it.

ghettosynth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:06 am I think that this new bundle is probably not bad if you don't already own "Ignite" and you want the DCO106+MG1. For some reason I have the MG-1 and I don't remember paying for it ever, maybe I did, maybe it was free for a while. But the rest of it is definitely some ripe shit. Except, of course, the ausis gal with her positive affirmations. Not gonna lie, if that sample set was in the dollar bundle, I'd already have it.
Mixcraft 9 is also included which is decent enough and with unique features that you don't have in other DAWs.

One thing i discovered tonight was that to open a VST instrument from the track, you need to right click rather than left click which bring up the instrument browser panel, on the little keyboard symbol. Pressing M brings up the Mixer.

https://youtu.be/T7iGN9tqtJ8
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:31 am
ghettosynth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:06 am I think that this new bundle is probably not bad if you don't already own "Ignite" and you want the DCO106+MG1. For some reason I have the MG-1 and I don't remember paying for it ever, maybe I did, maybe it was free for a while. But the rest of it is definitely some ripe shit. Except, of course, the ausis gal with her positive affirmations. Not gonna lie, if that sample set was in the dollar bundle, I'd already have it.
Mixcraft 9 is also included which is decent enough and with unique features that you don't have in other DAWs.
I saw that, but I don't follow them. Now I see where the bundle is coming from. They are partnering with Cherry Audio so the instruments that you're getting come with Mixcraft.

Hmm, gonna have to say that's a no one this bundle for me.

Alright! Now it's time to upgrade Soundforge! Not that other crap version they had. :tu:
I wonder where I even got that, I can't find SF 11 in my humble account. :shrug:

Sound Forge 13 for donationware pricing is pretty decent. It was released in 2019 and they're onto SF15 now. Upgrade to SF15 from a lite version is $99.

Just be aware that, unless Magix has changed policy, purchasing this bundle will not qualify you for any upgrade or update pricing, such as to the newest version of Sound Forge.

This bundle is still a good deal, IMHO, but it's not that kind of killer deal. A lot of us have grown used to leveraging sale deals, especially if you're patient, but you will not leverage this one in any way.

I can upgrade from it, not that I want to...

pekbro wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:44 pm I can upgrade from it, not that I want to...
If so, that's a complete change from a couple of years ago, when I tried to do so with a Humble Bundle deal on Sound Forge Studio. The store let me get as far as trying to actually pay, then broke. I emailed them, and they said that Humble Bundle deals were not upgradeable. Which actually makes sense from a financial point. In these deals, they're wanting to squeeze a little more income out of an otherwise dead product, rather than selllng cheap coupons for a substantial upgrade discount.

Heck, if it's actually working now, maybe they need the cash flow more this year. :)

I honestly forgot I had Sound Forge Studio 13, I simply don't find I have a use for it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”