The next Live update?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The best thing that could come with next Live update is a better price. :clown: Then they can focus on minor bug fixes. It's a perfect DAW. Maybe not has everything, but no DAW has. It could be worse - it could be like FL Studio 8)

profaudio wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:12 pm Ableton Studio 11 will be unbelievable...
It's called bitwig.

tooneba wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:15 am
profaudio wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:12 pm Ableton Studio 11 will be unbelievable...
It's called bitwig.
I hope Abes do 'borrow' some of the better ideas from BW, return the favour. Dom would surely agree in the name of fairness.

They should still keep AU support though, anything else is a bit absurd for a supposed Mac version of the SW. And avoid the naff subscription model too, that sucks.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

It's called bitwig.
Far from it: they still have Rewire :clown:
And I hope Ableton gives us just one MSEG and it should be enough to cover all needs.

Almost two years in BWS modulating the f**k out of it and unable to finish a decent track!

I love what’s coming out of it but it’s an endless fine tuning :cry:

And hopefully they don’t drop rewire!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:43 am
It's called bitwig.
And I hope Ableton gives us just one MSEG and it should be enough to cover all needs.

Almost two years in BWS modulating the f**k out of it and unable to finish a decent track!

:lol: It's so funny how different people work. I have 20 years worth of virtual instruments and FX, I love Bitwigs modulation system, but I do not get that caught up in it. Mostly I love being able to see both the launcher and the timeline in one view, and a true audio and MIDI editor instead of a subwindow. Plus, it seems to use multi core machines better, I feel I get about 6 out of 12 cores on my machine in Live.
I layer sounds a lot, usually three competing melodies, so too much modulation would get messier than it already is. :oops:

Can't wait to be able to use Push more fully in arranger mode (without a M4L device). Don't know if a Live update will be enough for that. I assume some hardware changes will be necessary to make it really tight, so more like for Push 3.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:22 am
It's called bitwig.

:lol: It's so funny how different people work.
Work?
I can’t work that’s the problem :cry: :D

I really like Live and BWS but always find my self in the black hole of sound design and finish actual songs in Logic :)

andypryce wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:04 pm I really like Live and BWS but always find my self in the black hole of sound design and finish actual songs in Logic :)
Are going to use the new Logic clip launcher and dump the LiveWig duo?

liquidsound wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:17 pm
andypryce wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:04 pm I really like Live and BWS but always find my self in the black hole of sound design and finish actual songs in Logic :)
Are going to use the new Logic clip launcher and dump the LiveWig duo?
No. Never use it in Live or BWS either but if Live gets more basic DAW features I might dump Logic :)

Manifesting Live 10.2 with MIDI 2.0

I don’t believe it

Ghlow wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 am Yeap.. it's been like what? a year and a ha'f since we've seen a major update from Ableton? I think they are done for. Too many Daw's have now copied their precious Session View(clip launcher) feature and they've lost the edge. Bitwig is what Ableton should have been by now and that ship sailed long ago.
No they are focusing on stability not new features.Most people don't even scratch the surface with it
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

It's called bitwig.

:lol: It's so funny how different people work. I have 20 years worth of virtual instruments and FX, I love Bitwigs modulation system, but I do not get that caught up in it. Mostly I love being able to see both the launcher and the timeline in one view, and a true audio and MIDI editor instead of a subwindow. Plus, it seems to use multi core machines better, I feel I get about 6 out of 12 cores on my machine in Live.
I layer sounds a lot, usually three competing melodies, so too much modulation would get messier than it already is. :oops:
Yeah... it’s funny... I talk about Bitwig modulation a lot, but I don’t do tons of modulation all the time... what I like is how fast and effective it is to do specific stuff in a given situation and get on with things while still being flexible without dead ends.

Other Bitwig features are useful for fast workflow. For example being able to open multiple projects is a big one for me... I use that all the time.

I find Bitwig faster for basic workflow. But then I never chop up loops which is something live is better at... so yeah, each person’s workflow makes a difference

pdxindy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:47 am
It's called bitwig.

Yeah... it’s funny... I talk about Bitwig modulation a lot, but I don’t do tons of modulation all the time... what I like is how fast and effective it is to do specific stuff in a given situation and get on with things while still being flexible without dead ends.

Other Bitwig features are useful for fast workflow. For example being able to open multiple projects is a big one for me... I use that all the time.

I find Bitwig faster for basic workflow. But then I never chop up loops which is something live is better at... so yeah, each person’s workflow makes a difference
I agree but that's exactly true for every DAW according to the user. Nothing special in BWS or any other DAW except a personal exceptionalism. Of course Ableton 11 will not be unbelievable, no DAW will ever be 8)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”