Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

teilo wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:44 am Looks like I missed all the drama. Saw that 11 was out. Logged into my account. My pre-order was in the cart. Paid, and immediately downloaded.
There's always another beta.

Not all m4l devices are showing in 'audio effects', only a few of em. Is anyone else getting this?

Looks like I missed the window for the upgrade price. I'm OK with that, tempo match was broken and I gave up on expecting the public beta doing anything to assure stability in release since v8 dropped in the mess it was in.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:55 am Looks like I missed the window for the upgrade price. I'm OK with that, tempo match was broken and I gave up on expecting the public beta doing anything to assure stability in release since v8 dropped in the mess it was in.
11 is probably the most stable new version of Live I have come across (since 4), it was a long beta, I never had an issue. I’m not sure tempo match is broken, just very limited, it can follow a simple drum, not so good on anything else!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Anyone else seeing something like a threefold CPU increase from live 10?

No for me it's much faster loading and overall feels more responsive

Josephhh wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:59 am Anyone else seeing something like a threefold CPU increase from live 10?
No, CPU usage better for me. If I were you I'd check usual suspects e.g. has the audio interface resolution changed from say 48k to 192k or buffers from 512 to 64? Is there some multicore option in a plugin you are running that you haven't enabled?
Are you now using an MPE interface with MPE enabled thru Live 11 that was just working in bog standard MIDI mode before?
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:16 am No for me it's much faster loading and overall feels more responsive
yup same here
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Josephhh wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:59 am Anyone else seeing something like a threefold CPU increase from live 10?
...maybe Live had to initially rescan your library, which takes a long time :?:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Josephhh wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:59 amAnyone else seeing something like a threefold CPU increase from live 10?
No, I feel it's actually better than v10, not only in terms of DSP but overall launching & moving around the project, too.

Also, how are you judging this? Notice that in v11 the DSP meter shows both momentary and average utilisation with darker & lighter colour, whereas in v10 it was only the average. Obviously momentary is always higher (this is analoguous to peak and average loudness), so that is what you perhaps are seeing?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

not 3x but loaded up a large project and the cpu light was flashing every second, had to turn it off cause it was too irritating. Also the meter spikes more than 10 did, mostly on audio tracks with long chains.

Dont know if upgrading from 6core to 10 will make a massive difference to warrant having to buy a new mother board aswell thats compatible with i9. I probably would for 12 cores.

Ableton's not the best to handle several audio tracks i noticed like protools.

How many years on average does it take to download the Suite content? Is it possible to get done before the release of Live 12?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Kinh wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:14 amAbleton's not the best to handle several audio tracks i noticed like protools.
We've (I mean KvR) been through this dozens of times already :dog:

You're not comparing like for like here. DAWs meant for live / realtime performance & manipulation of music have a completely different set of design requirements & trade-offs than linear/traditional DAWs like ProTools, in particular they can't afford to pre-buffer everything that's not armed for recording.

Having said that, I'm not claiming Live is ideally optimised either, because it's pretty clear that e.g. Bitwig or FL Studio seem to cope better, while offering similar feature set. But it's just not fair - if not disingenuous - to compare Live's CPU efficiency to PT, Cubase, Studio One or Reaper :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Aloysius wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:25 am How many years on average does it take to download the Suite content? Is it possible to get done before the release of Live 12?
Oh come on, took me 2 hours through LTE. That's not the end of the world.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”