Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Ha- I had just posted that to the 'Brains' post - I own a PLAITS, annoyingly this looks better and is half he price!
If you make your code open source this can happen, plenty of people already cloning MI modules (uClouds etc) and its already in Microfreak...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

mcbpete wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:48 am
mcbpete wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:05 am
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:02 am
SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:31 am This is a nice little article- 12 best MAX devices in 2021...

https://www.musictech.net/guides/buyers ... s-in-2021/

Nube is very cool- pity its MAC only!
That's odd - I thought Max stuff was always cross platform?
In this instance it's due to the call to the external (OSX only) object vb.mi.clds~
Just tried building the objects from the github source ( https://github.com/v7b1/vb.mi-dev ) but failed at the first hurdle (I'm terrible at cmake!)
I honestly have no idea how I did it but fumbling my way through msys & visual studio it looks like I somehow managed to build all the externals for Windows x64 platforms :tu:

Download the following and place in C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Max 8\Library\

https://ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/vb.mi.clds~.mxe64

Nube should now work a-ok in m4l in Windows :)
Thanks for doing this!

I have a question though, hopefully someone has an answer.

On windows 10, Live 10. I load up nube, I see the GUI, Ive put the .mxe64 file in the max 8\library folder, but I get no sound.

Any ideas?

It's an effect (the 'synthesiser' in the GUI is a bit of a misnomer - it's actually granular/buffer type plugin requiring an input signal) - you have to stick it after a device that makes noises :)

Also it seems to default as 100% dry so make sure to play around with the dry/wet dial first to hear any effect.

antic604 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:42 am Out of curiosity - how are M4L devices copy-protected? I've few paid ones and I don't see anything that connects them to e.g. my Ableton user account or e-mail. If you do collect & save they seem to be saved with the project, too.
i think nobody answered this. they aren't. only if you buy via ableton, their is a license. they have the license model.

so third party M4L, outside the ableton store, depend on trust.
like there is a Block Pack by everything turns, outside the licensing system of NI (that will recquire a payment in advance...).

i only saw a discussion, how to prevent user, to access the editor, for their devices. it is diffucult, but there are tricks..

so... long story short. no copy-right protection.

most builders of M4L devices, have daily jobs, so it seems only fair not to distribute them in a way, that we not must mention.

it is always fair to buy software. of course. and i do..

sometimes it are amxd files, sometimes .alp files, packs. MAX does not offer a license service, as it is not their purpose.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:36 am
antic604 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:42 am Out of curiosity - how are M4L devices copy-protected? I've few paid ones and I don't see anything that connects them to e.g. my Ableton user account or e-mail. If you do collect & save they seem to be saved with the project, too.
i think nobody answered this. they aren't.
Thanks. If that's the case, then I'm even more eager to buy the good devices.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 am
that is the spirit! and there are many good devices around!

EDIT: also (many) free devices indeed, and dillon bastan, mostly, pay whay you want..

mcbpete wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:23 am It's an effect (the 'synthesiser' in the GUI is a bit of a misnomer - it's actually granular/buffer type plugin requiring an input signal) - you have to stick it after a device that makes noises :)

Also it seems to default as 100% dry so make sure to play around with the dry/wet dial first to hear any effect.
Thanks, I got it working. must have needed to restart live a few times.

also nice and free;

https://youtu.be/sRQqHr86GBE

antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 am
You bought Live AGAIN? :-o
Like I said before, you should be doing Day Trading! :hihi:

(I do btw :tu:)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:53 pm Like I said before, you should be doing Day Trading! :hihi:

Hope the yield you're farming is better than mine in Live ;) :hug:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:39 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:53 pm Like I said before, you should be doing Day Trading! :hihi:

Hope the yield you're farming is better than mine in Live ;) :hug:
yes :oops: and it started for fun and now it changed my destiny.

M4L brings to the table infinite amount tools and aspects to make music which leaves you (it seems) in a though position to commit completely to the other one and never look back...

I’m on the 80/20 diet Live/BWS

Luckily it’s all available for the taking.
And why not. :phones:

I think because Live 11 was a good update, MAX ‘stuff’ and PUSH2 I am spending more time with Live than Bitwig currently. But I reserve the right to change that again in the future!

I'm beginning to think that Live will evolve in an unpredictable speed and perhaps the very core application.
No one predicted MPE was possible with the current Core code, but then... boom!

Bitwig has been probably the real push for Ableton to get back in the real game and now the Giant as awaken... 8) :hyper:

this seems quite promissing, for arrangment mode

https://gumroad.com/valiumdupeuple#KUTUz

€6,66 (+VAT when VAT is needed..)

an update for live 11 will come, but it will work of course, the update for live 11 will include new options, i guess, special to v11..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”