Live 11!

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
2153 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:22 am

take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRAF
8255 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:25 am

Yeh, lots of new stuff and QOL improvements, looks like another really good update. Ableton have been knocking it out of the park lately...
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

KVRAF
3433 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:31 am

^^^ after dunno how many years Ab removed FL from the top, https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-bes ... pc-and-mac so yepp something is happening around the user base too
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

User avatar
KVRAF
2153 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 am

SLiC wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:25 am
Yeh, lots of new stuff and QOL improvements, looks like another really good update. Ableton have been knocking it out of the park lately...
ableton is on the roll, unlike reason studios, although i bought the R12 upgrade.

it has become for me thé experimental playground, also because of some third party m4l devices. but also the build in stuff of 11 suite.

RRP isn't recognized anymore by 11 suite, new desktop pc, all works, that does not...

support will help.

it surpasses bitwig for experimental stuff in my case, although i do use bitwig studio 4, but some things i can do only in live 11 suite.

strange experience in a way, because bitwig is considered the experimental DAW, and i am no stranger to modulators and modules, i work with 3 soft modulars. and do work with the poly grid...

well, i will end my post, as i should do it all the time, here.

make SIMPLER simple MPE!

for extracting samples from own recordings, and make new sounds i still use bitwig... how many new sounds you can make, with effects of course or sometimes none
...

make SIMPLER simple MPE!
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRist
127 posts since 24 Oct, 2015

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:35 am

The improved filters are sounding really juicy to my ears :)

User avatar
KVRAF
2396 posts since 9 Dec, 2011 from falling

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:55 am

Dalle wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:35 am
The improved filters are sounding really juicy to my ears :)
Andy from Cytomic has been busy :)

KVRian
1176 posts since 23 Sep, 2004 from Kocmoc

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:42 am

Autobot wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:05 am
I'm since ten or eleven years on Live now. I started somewhere at Live 8. How about you folks?
Since 2007 I think, the time when I started to ditch Cubase, but that took still like 3 years to move so I think around 11 years.
Soft Knees - Demoscene - Live 10 - Diva - Omnisphere - Slate Digital VSX - TDR - Kush Audio - Fabfilter - PA - Valhalla - Fuse - Pulsar - NI - OekSound etc...

User avatar
KVRAF
32946 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:26 am

WasteLand wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 am
make SIMPLER simple MPE!
And why is Operator still not MPE?

User avatar
KVRAF
10742 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:40 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:26 am
WasteLand wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 am
make SIMPLER simple MPE!
And why is Operator still not MPE?
I'd guess because it's much older code (than e.g. Wavetable) and potentially much more complicated (than e.g. Sampler).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
KVRAF
2153 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:22 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:26 am
WasteLand wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 am
make SIMPLER simple MPE!
And why is Operator still not MPE?
indeed!!!!!!
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

User avatar
KVRian
1042 posts since 14 Apr, 2008 from /* whitenoise */

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:11 am

Is there a dedicated Max4Live forum anywhere? A place where users can share experiences, tips & tricks and devices on the net? I know there is maxforlive.com but I look for something with a bit more of exchange...
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

User avatar
KVRAF
10742 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:13 am

noiseresearch wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:11 am
Is there a dedicated Max4Live forum anywhere? A place where users can share experiences, tips & tricks and devices on the net? I know there is maxforlive.com but I look for something with a bit more of exchange...
Tried the official forum?

https://forum.ableton.com/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
KVRian
1042 posts since 14 Apr, 2008 from /* whitenoise */

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:16 am

antic604 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:13 am
noiseresearch wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:11 am
Is there a dedicated Max4Live forum anywhere? A place where users can share experiences, tips & tricks and devices on the net? I know there is maxforlive.com but I look for something with a bit more of exchange...
Tried the official forum?

https://forum.ableton.com/
Haha. Yes I did. But folks are not very helpful there. And than there is this guy from Isotonik who is all the time pointing out to their products.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

User avatar
KVRAF
10742 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:17 am

noiseresearch wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:16 am
Haha. Yes I did. But folks are not very helpful there. And than there is this guy from Isotonik who is all the time pointing out to their products.
How about here, then?
https://cycling74.com/forums/page/1
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
KVRian
1042 posts since 14 Apr, 2008 from /* whitenoise */

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:36 am

antic604 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:17 am
noiseresearch wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:16 am
Haha. Yes I did. But folks are not very helpful there. And than there is this guy from Isotonik who is all the time pointing out to their products.
How about here, then?
https://cycling74.com/forums/page/1
First I thought: sure dude I've checked this (what I did) but then I realized there is a Max4Live sub-forum https://cycling74.com/forums/category/M ... ive/page/1
So thanks for letting me check out the cycling forum again.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”