Live 11!

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRian
771 posts since 17 Oct, 2018

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:05 am

legendCNCD wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:42 am
Autobot wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:05 am
I'm since ten or eleven years on Live now. I started somewhere at Live 8. How about you folks?
Since 2007 I think, the time when I started to ditch Cubase, but that took still like 3 years to move so I think around 11 years.
I started with version 4. Didn't like it at the time. Didn't really get into it until version 8.
Studio One 5.2 // Bitwig 3.3.4 // Logic Pro X 10.6 // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // MPC // Force // Maschine

KVRist
100 posts since 17 Oct, 2020

Post Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm

New Live 11.0.11 introduced constant crashing to make sure the user doesn't forget about much needed breaks. Nice one Ableton.

KVRAF
1746 posts since 16 Jan, 2013 from USA

Post Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:29 pm

Haven't had a crash yet with Live 11.0.11, but I've mostly been using the 11.1 beta. Speaking of which, I finally got to try the Apple silicon/M1 build. It was faster, but not as much faster as I thought it might be. Perhaps 3-4% less CPU usage during playback of the demo. It felt snappier, but not light years. Boot and load times were very much quicker. Nice improvement, but I was looking for more gain in the playback department. Maybe that will improve gradually.

User avatar
KVRAF
7334 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:43 pm

jonljacobi wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Haven't had a crash yet with Live 11.0.11, but I've mostly been using the 11.1 beta. Speaking of which, I finally got to try the Apple silicon/M1 build. It was faster, but not as much faster as I thought it might be. Perhaps 3-4% less CPU usage during playback of the demo. It felt snappier, but not light years. Boot and load times were very much quicker. Nice improvement, but I was looking for more gain in the playback department. Maybe that will improve gradually.
Are you on an M1, or just seeing a benefit on an intel system?

KVRAF
7607 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:31 pm

But in "what's new", they don't mention M1 native support!

User avatar
KVRAF
10711 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:30 pm

Azbest wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm
New Live 11.0.11 introduced constant crashing to make sure the user doesn't forget about much needed breaks. Nice one Ableton.
I was looking for some nice, energetic breaks recently so I'm happy to see Ableton delivering on it front & center :P
Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)



Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
KVRAF
10711 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:31 pm

EnGee wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:31 pm
But in "what's new", they don't mention M1 native support!
Because 11.1 is still in beta. Technically it isn't "released" yet.
Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)



Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRAF
7607 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:41 am

antic604 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:31 pm
EnGee wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:31 pm
But in "what's new", they don't mention M1 native support!
Because 11.1 is still in beta. Technically it isn't "released" yet.
Oh ok! I mixed between 11.1 and 11.0.11 :oops:

KVRAF
1746 posts since 16 Jan, 2013 from USA

Post Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:38 pm

elxsound wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:43 pm
jonljacobi wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Haven't had a crash yet with Live 11.0.11, but I've mostly been using the 11.1 beta. Speaking of which, I finally got to try the Apple silicon/M1 build. It was faster, but not as much faster as I thought it might be. Perhaps 3-4% less CPU usage during playback of the demo. It felt snappier, but not light years. Boot and load times were very much quicker. Nice improvement, but I was looking for more gain in the playback department. Maybe that will improve gradually.
Are you on an M1, or just seeing a benefit on an intel system?
I was on an M1 24-inch iMac with 8GB/256GB

KVRAF
3182 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:19 pm

jonljacobi wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:38 pm
I was on an M1 24-inch iMac with 8GB/256GB
Perhaps you should try now a real computer... :D

Sorry I couldn´t resist!! :hug: :hyper: :phones: :clown:
Follow me on YouTube: M.o.R FL Studio Tricks
Become a patron: M.o.R FL Studio Tricks

KVRAF
1865 posts since 24 Jun, 2006 from London, England

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:44 am

Not sure if it's an Ableton 11.0.11 thing or a Windows 11 thing (all the elevens!) .... but does anyone else's Poli have a slightly wonky waveform (as if it looks like it has a massive DC offset :D ):

Image

KVRian
1372 posts since 16 Apr, 2004

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:49 am

It looks normal here. I'm using Live 11.0.11 on latest Windows 10.

So maybe it's a Windows 11 thing?

KVRer
1 posts since 3 Sep, 2021

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:40 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
SLiC wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:40 am
This looks interesting: https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/octocell/ (https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/octocell/)
We are seeing some pretty amazing stuff from MAX 8....
You will go to https://www.octocell.net/ (https://www.octocell.net/) for more explanations. You will find a user manual and many sound examples.
Cheers
Michel Geiss

User avatar
KVRAF
10711 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:11 am

Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)



Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRAF
8236 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:32 am

antic604 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:11 am
:o

https://www.novelmusic.org/m4l/seeds
:tu:

Looks really interesting and good value, especially for PUSH 2 users as it is like getting a new hardware sequencer!
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”