Getting bored of Fl Studio... What should I try?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:16 am
handoman wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:02 am damn never heard of bitwig but it looks amazing. gonna try out the demo

:o :shock: ... their ad is all over KVR
And their Forum ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

lmao i guess ive seen the ads just never looked into it

handoman wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:02 am damn never heard of bitwig but it looks amazing. gonna try out the demo
Check out the Bitwig forum here on KVR... good place to ask questions about Bitwig when getting started or exploring the demo.

Bitwig is my favorite environment for sound design and turning those sounds into compositions. It's like a modular synth with all the included devices and VST plugins (instruments and FX) as modules.

For something completely different, you could try Renoise. I am starting to dabble in this myself - it provides a completely different workflow, one that is especially suited to working with samples.

also gonna try out fl's performance mode didnt know about it lol

yea had fun my first try with the bitwig demo. also took a while for me just to create like a note clip and get to the piano roll lmao i couldnt figure it out.

bharris22 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:46 pm For something completely different, you could try Renoise. I am starting to dabble in this myself - it provides a completely different workflow, one that is especially suited to working with samples.
Hmm!
"Powerful Sampler and Sample Editor: Edit and playback samples with the Sample Editor. Actually the whole tracker is one big sampler with a vast amount of sample mangling possibilities."
One of these days I may look in Renoise to see what I can get out of it.

ohhh that looks interesting too.

handoman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 pm is it common to get bored of your DAW?
Pretty sure that you bored your DAW long before. :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Currently trying out Studio One Pro DEMO. As an FL user trying to find a new DAW, studio one has me far more interested than the others I've tried (reaper, bitwig, and ableton)

There is also ardour which is open source, some good videos on YouTube by a guy named unfa

Knitting

Steam 😀

resynthesis, never get tired of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMgdzh0YMA
:hail:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

As Doctor Johnson said to Boswell in 1777; "When a man is tired of teh fruityloops, he is tired of life."

Harmor is one of the reasons I bough the all plugin edition of FL Studio- Now I just need 100 years to learn everything!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”