routing in Cubase: How can I use an external synth plugin as a kind of "carrier" source for the VST "Performant"?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

juno987654321 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:51 am Aargh, it won't work. This idea in the end turns out to only work for insert effect plugins again. It's for the older Cubase versions and you can add the sidechain function to older insert effect plugins with this method, but still you'd have to use some insert effect plugin for this in the first place - whereas Performant is a VST that can function as an effect plugin on top of it. So I'm left with the same basic problem and the quadro option only works for some older vocoder plugins again.
Is there a free wrapper that can change the vst to a vst3 with the side chaining function?
You mentioned Blue Cat Patchwork but it's not free.
The wrapper seems the only thing left that might work now.

Another rather abstruse idea that came to my mind if there is no such wrapper:
I might create a virtual input signal from the other (Vital or Serum's) vst output signal, maybe with the banana voicemeter program, and reroute it into Cubase.
So I might e. g. open Cubase 2 times, send out the vst signal (from, say, Serum) I want to put into Perfomant to banana from the first Cubase instance and send this signal back in to the 2nd Cubase program, this time as a virtually created external vst input signal. The second Cubase program then treats it like an external input signal as if it were a guitar or some hardware synth or something and then I might finally be able to select it as an input signal for Performant...

But this is getting more and more awkward. A free wrapper which creates the sidechain input function on Performant would be better (for the CPU - or I'd have to use my 2nd laptop and connect it...) but I couldn't find any online.

Does this exist at all? Can you give me the dl link if it does?
Demo Cherry Voltage Modular Core and see if “Mini Plug In Host” works for this.

If it does, then keep an eye out for people selling it used. I’ve seen people sell it pretty cheap, probably half the cost of Patchwork.

Would this be the same process?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKI2hVQ63os
Don't have Cubase so can't test this
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

In FL I can simply load it as any other effect like reverb and click that "synth ext in" off but I had to switch off and on that green button before it would work
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

I've just tried what they suggest in that tutorial but it won't work for PerFormant.
How surprising that you can simply load it as an effect in FL. Then of course it's no problem.

Why can't you simply load it as an effect in Cubase then???
This would change my opinion towards Cubase significantly if it's true. A free DAW can do more than the Pro version of Cubase? Aha, this is very interesting!

Maybe those who support Cubase could still teach me otherwise but atm I am no longer convinced of Cubase if there are such strong routing limitations to it! What a shame!
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

^ I use reaper & it’s easy to use PerFormant
Before I used Steinberg as I thought it was the standard
I just couldn’t afford Nuendo update, so went a different way
Could you try Bandlab cakewalk?
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”