Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Smasha wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:31 am Loading an instrument into Ik Multimedia's Sampletank 4 breaks Reason 12.

All the fonts disappear in Reason.

I have to close and restart.

When i try to load an instrument into Sampletank 4 again,Reason breaks again.
I too am having trouble with various VST's that worked fine in the previous version.

Smasha wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:31 amLoading an instrument into Ik Multimedia's Sampletank 4 breaks Reason 12.
hotmitts wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:11 amI too am having trouble with various VST's that worked fine in the previous version.
Are you guys reporting this to support?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I still haven't downloaded Reason 12. Sheesh, Covid is killing me (figuratively) with a higher workload. No time for fun, just a little bit of time for shitposting on KVR.

antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:22 am
Smasha wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:31 amLoading an instrument into Ik Multimedia's Sampletank 4 breaks Reason 12.
hotmitts wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:11 amI too am having trouble with various VST's that worked fine in the previous version.
The last time I had an issue, it took a long time for support to get back....I'm not even sure how to go about it these days

hotmitts wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 am
antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:22 am
The last time I had an issue, it took a long time for support to get back....I'm not even sure how to go about it these days
Sure. But posting it here won't do any better - I don't think anyone from RS reads here anymore... - especially if you don't list which VSTs you have problems with or even what you mean by "trouble" :)
Music tech enthusiast

Of course they read this. They're musicians as well. And they've answered lots of posts in here.

kae wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:41 pmOf course they read this. They're musicians as well. And they've answered lots of posts in here.
Not in the last couple of months :(

Mattias' last post was on 4th of March, I never saw Ryan or James here, at least not under their real name.
Music tech enthusiast

Maybe not any official posts, but I'm sure many of them are active readers of these forums.

kae wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:01 pm Maybe not any official posts, but I'm sure many of them are active readers of these forums.
Perhaps. But not to hunt for bug reports. That's what the official communication channels are for, even if they're inefficient and slow at the moment.
Music tech enthusiast

Forums are very bad for bug reporting.

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:19 pm Forums are very bad for bug reporting.
oh c'mon....Reason comes here and they must feel like they are on a vacation, a day at the spa :lol: .
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:51 pm
kae wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:41 pmOf course they read this. They're musicians as well. And they've answered lots of posts in here.

Mattias' last post was on 4th of March, I never saw Ryan or James here, at least not under their real name.
That doesn't mean we're not reading :)

But yeah, please report bugs via support. It's often not the case that "this VST isn't working" is true in all cases, but rather some specific incompatibility in the setup (be it an older OpenGL driver, a specific version of the plugin, OS-specific etc.) so it's great if we can ask follow-up questions or send a logging version to chase down the bugs.

Anosou wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:09 pm That doesn't mean we're not reading :)

But yeah, please report bugs via support. It's often not the case that "this VST isn't working" is true in all cases, but rather some specific incompatibility in the setup (be it an older OpenGL driver, a specific version of the plugin, OS-specific etc.) so it's great if we can ask follow-up questions or send a logging version to chase down the bugs.
Just a suggestion - maybe post a direct link to get to the support bug reporting area here, since many new users (especially of RRP) might not want to put the effort into digging around the Reason Studios website? :party: :hug:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Anosou wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:09 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:51 pm

That doesn't mean we're not reading :)
Good to hear that! :love: :hail:
Music tech enthusiast

Well, I'll give them a hand. :hihi: :lol: For anyone having stability issues or any other bugs, report your issue here:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”