WHATS NEW in the Studio One 5.4 UPDATE! | NATIVE Apple M1 Silicon Support!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Check it out.

In the 5.4 update to Studio One, we are announcing lots of new features and workflow improvements for our users including:

1. Realtime Chord Display for the Chord Track.
- Renders both the current and upcoming chords on the Chord Track during recording and playback.
2. Multi-format Mixdown Exporting
- Up to seven audio formats can now be exported in one pass, with no added rendering time.
3. Plug-in Nap
- Improves CPU performance for Windows® and macOS computers and reduces the risk of audio dropouts by not processing plug-ins when they are not passing audio
4. Native Apple Silicon (M1) Chipset support
- Studio One 5 Professional, Artist, and Prime now offer native support for Apple Silicon processor-based Macs®. The Universal Binary macOS® version is switchable between native Apple Silicon and Rosetta Intel®-emulation modes.
5. AND MORE! (Full release notes available in your account at https://my.presonus.com or https://sphere.presonus.com)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I2tCqNhFMY
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Nice! Now I just have to wait until I can get one of those new M1X machines whenever they get released.

Plugin nap looks interesting. I think Logic has something like that already but I'm wondering if it will introduce a delay as it loads and offloads plugins. Logic sometimes has issues with that.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Plugin nap really sounds cool. Apple users will be happy about native M1 support as well.

Nice! Apple silicon support is a good news. I wonder how it will manage intel plugins.

Damn those Apple users! We'd get many more features if it wasn't for them :x :tantrum:

j/k if that's not obvious

Anyone have the full release notes? I can only see ones for 5.3 in my user account and in general product page...

EDIT: oh, it doesn't even show an update available for me; Sphere only for now? :roll:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I thinks this is not official yet, seems like leaked unlisted video (august 27), or video for sphere users.

Serhii Kot wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:10 pmI thinks this is not official yet, seems like leaked unlisted video (august 27), or video for sphere users.
Yeah, just noticed I don't see it in my YT feed.
It's probably scheduled for tomorrow :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Just in time, for apple event)

The update is not out yet on the web site ort check for updates in the software- a bit premature I think!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Today's S1 5.4 announcement was a sneak peek preview for Presonus Sphere members only. 5.4 public release is scheduled for tomorrow 9/14.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

I'm not a Sphere member, and I received the email. It didn't say not to share it, so enjoy the 12 or so hours of advance notice.

The video info is pretty clear, "available September 14th"
Bitwig Certified Trainer

What happens when the plugin naps for too long in bed ? Ends up being too late to process the audio ? Also who the hell exports 7 different formats at once ? One might have a wave file and an MP3 but really, you'll end up having at least twice as many, and redundant ones as you tweak your music in the end stages, of which you will really only want to hear the wave file. I guess it's their idea of integrating that redundant Batch Converter thing that they have for Studio One in some way. M1 Support, don't care. Chord Track, still yet to find any real use for it, so a display really doesn't add anything.

How about improving the GUI with scalable fonts so they look clear and pretty ?
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

The whole DAW gets a bit sleepy then. You need to close it for a day or so then, so that it can fully recover.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 pm What happens when the plugin naps for too long in bed ?
Nobody's actually napping! Just standing around, kicking their heels, waiting for some input to process.

A lot of plugins do this on their own already, but it sounds like if the plugin returns silence and nothing is going to them, then S1 will just skip them altogether until there's some input for them.

Otherwise, Yay! on ARM support for Apple.

For those waiting on the new AS M1X Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator CPU, it probably won't be tomorrow, but sometime next month. I can't wait to see the new 14" and 16" MacBooks and how bloody expensive they'll be! The Air is probably all I'll need for the next 7 years (how long my MacBook Pro has lasted) but I can dream, right?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I wonder what happens when the plugin returns a very quiet noise... like those... analog plugins...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”