WHATS NEW in the Studio One 5.4 UPDATE! | NATIVE Apple M1 Silicon Support!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally Saving in background!!!

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:03 pm I wonder what happens when the plugin returns a very quiet noise... like those... analog plugins...
I assume it won't be put to sleep. As long as sound is being generated in a channel such as a delay, reverb or noise, nothing on that strip will be put to sleep. It would be cool if you can set a gate or threshold of some sort that can manage the naps.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 pm What happens when the plugin naps for too long in bed ? Ends up being too late to process the audio ? Also who the hell exports 7 different formats at once ? One might have a wave file and an MP3 but really, you'll end up having at least twice as many, and redundant ones as you tweak your music in the end stages, of which you will really only want to hear the wave file. I guess it's their idea of integrating that redundant Batch Converter thing that they have for Studio One in some way. M1 Support, don't care. Chord Track, still yet to find any real use for it, so a display really doesn't add anything.

How about improving the GUI with scalable fonts so they look clear and pretty ?
Then don't use the update maybe?

@antic... that was funny
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:03 pm I wonder what happens when the plugin returns a very quiet noise... like those... analog plugins...
Also wonder what happens with plugins that have free-running oscillators, such as flangers or Arturia Minimoog. Will the phase pick-up where it last left off?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Just a week ago I thought having the ability to see which chords I play without opening piano roll would be a cool feature. I thought of it as a little window in the bottom bar though.

The Plugin-Nap feature is a great addition too, I hope it will not be buggy like in FL.

I'm curious about the bug fixes, I need to see them. I have a few of them which are very annoying.

I can't see the update yet on my account by the way.

Fornicras wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:26 am I can't see the update yet on my account by the way.
I was about to ask that myself. Where is it?
Fernando (FMR)

antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:06 pm Damn those Apple users! We'd get many more features if it wasn't for them :x :tantrum:

j/k if that's not obvious
To be honest...for me it shouldn´t be just a joke... it´s nothing but the pure truth!

Why can´t you guys just use a system that just works without forcing all software companies every 3 month to stop all current work for making their software compatible to this f*cking bullshit because apple gives a shit on 3rd party software and break compatibility with every single update!!

Image Line stated that they had 3 developers working over months ... I cannot even imagine with how much cool stuff they would have come up if they wouldn´t have to do this useless ass work...

Perhaps it´s a good idea to charge the double or 3 times the amount of money for Mac users...
They want compatibility??
They want the company to play this game... then please pay the company to hire devs they need just for any work windows or linux users don´t need at all...

Mac users love to pay anyway 3 times the price for at max the same performance if not much worse one... this on it´s own is really hard to understand for me...
If you like to use 3rd party software with your crap machines then please pay extra money if you are already incurring costs that others do not incur...

That would only be logical for me...
Stop parasitising normal users and pay for your extra service. :tu:

Trancit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:49 amTo be honest...for me it shouldn´t be just a joke... it´s nothing but the pure truth...
Please don't hijack this thread. Perhaps open a new one dedicated just to this discussion?

I'm sorry I made that comment :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Trancit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:49 am
antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:06 pm Damn those Apple users! We'd get many more features if it wasn't for them :x :tantrum:

j/k if that's not obvious
To be honest...for me it shouldn´t be just a joke... it´s nothing but the pure truth!

Why can´t you guys just use a system that just works without forcing all software companies every 3 month to stop all current work for making their software compatible to this f*cking bullshit because apple gives a shit on 3rd party software and break compatibility with every single update!!

Image Line stated that they had 3 developers working over months ... I cannot even imagine with how much cool stuff they would have come up if they wouldn´t have to do this useless ass work...

Perhaps it´s a good idea to charge the double or 3 times the amount of money for Mac users...
They want compatibility??
They want the company to play this game... then please pay the company to hire devs they need just for any work windows or linux users don´t need at all...

Mac users love to pay anyway 3 times the price for at max the same performance if not much worse one... this on it´s own is really hard to understand for me...
If you like to use 3rd party software with your crap machines then please pay extra money if you are already incurring costs that others do not incur...

That would only be logical for me...
Stop parasitising normal users and pay for your extra service. :tu:
I totally agree :tu:

The fact that this thread title says: "NATIVE Apple M1 Silicon Support!" as if that was the MAIN new feature, when just A MINORITY of all Apple users (WHICH ARE ALREADY A MINORITY) will take advantage of that, says it all.

These guys act as if they are entitled to some kind of special treament, and the companies are obliged to them and have to stop everything to keep them updated FOR FREE, while all the other users are in fact paying for a service/feature they don't want or need to.

I too think it's time Apple users start to be charged for this extra burden Apple imposes on developers. Maybe then they start to realize who is more important in the food chain.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:53 am I totally agree :tu:
Why do I even bother... :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Presonus did a great job. Reacted fast, and this is 5.4 not even 5.5 update. It is free. So, what are all complains about?

I have only one complain, - It is not out yet! :D

@Trancit:
What's nonsense! No one is holding a knife on their necks for not supporting native M1! In fact the support of FLS for M1 is strange as most of their base are in Windows, why even go Mac then, just to appear as cool developer?!!

If you don't want to support native M1, don't support it! Your loss! There are many alternatives already!

It is like complaining about features that you do not need, and think that nobody need them.

"Why do sound variations or chord track? I don't use it! It is a waste of developers time! Better do what I WANT!!1!"

Well... the reason for supporting Mac is obvious: A lot of audio software users use it. Bad idea to cut yourself off a big part of the market.

I can totally understand the devs' frustration though, when the platform changes its architecture every 10 to 15 years. Or introduces other obstacles, which Apple is notorious for.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”