Coming Soon: RX 9

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm already bought-in on the software with RX7 Standard (as part of MPS3). I was skipping RX8, but, for $85, that seems a reasonable upgrade to go from RX7 to RX9, so I went for it after considering it for awhile. I almost didn't - the sale price is the only reason I did. I don't think I'd pay full price now. As bmanic said, I'd look elsewhere first.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:55 pm Does anyone believe that izotope is actually working on native Silicon support? I love RX, but if they’re going to just depend on Rosetta 2 for support I’m leaning on just getting Acoustica for my spectral editing.
Eh. I just took the bait and bought the post bundle for $424 from jrrshop. I demoed Acoustica but just wasn't impressed with the de-noise and de-reverb algorithms. The reverb was pretty nice, though. I ran the demo for RX8 and the results I was getting on some severely problematic audio were several times superior. Man, I don't know who they have writing these algorithms but they need to be studied and cloned for future awesomeness. Brilliant stuff. :clap:

Surprised it hasn't been released yet. Izotope usually releases a product a week after it's announcement.

Trensharo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 am
pixel85 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:47 am You mean "subscription 9"? I don't expect to see new major features in non-sub version.
As for ARA2, iZotope may be holding out because RX Connect is only in the higher SKUs of RX and they would like to sell something that has higher profit margins. They may already be pressured enough to put it in there, anyways (Steinberg SpectraLayers, etc.) - but asking for it is like demanding a sun-roof on a 2023 Toyota Corolla.

They would much rather sell you a Camry with options ;-)
They already implemented ARA2 support in logic not too long ago. It would only make sense if they also implemented ARA2 support in other DAWS too.

Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:42 am So no actual news in 4 pages? :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L_bREl ... =ERA-Topic
None. Pretty good marketing

i think izotope is funny... i bought the original music production suite when it came out years ago and i got all parts in single licenses and they (izotope) constantly tries to get me to upgrade it to a newer MPS version where all parts fall under a single license. even THEY have said in the past that i was lucky to have single licenses for all my product from them. i can upgrade each part as needed and can sell off parts also if i wish. sure they have added a few items to the MPS package over time but not enough to coerce me into letting go of all my individual licenses.

as for RX... i am still on RX7 Standard. RX8 was not worth it to me... and i probably won't buy into RX9 even with the reduced RX8 upgrade and free RX9 because... as always... izotope refuses to say what is improved, how it is improved and what additions if any. if i DO upgrade it will be down the road when RX9 upgrade goes on sale... at least by then i will know what i am investing in.

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

I'd love to see ARA support in RX. That would at least make an upgrade worth considering. But I feel like the biggest new feature in most Izotope updates is the changing of the version number.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:04 pm I feel like the biggest new feature in most Izotope updates is the changing of the version number.
Gets to the point :tu:
Like many companies, they changed when they got venture capital, and focused on milking their cash cows over innovation. They let many good products stagnate
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

It's out. Looks brilliant for Post, but one to skip for music users. For Post the new algorithms for Dialogue Isolate and Ambience Match especially promise to be euphoria-inducing if it works as good as the demos on a wide range of material.

Upgrade for Advanced is half the usual price, $149, I guess reflecting the lack of new features for music users.

Product page here - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx.html

EDIT - first tests on admittedly demanding material were pretty atrocious, sad to report. Legacy Dialogue Isolate generally sounding much better, and approx 5x faster Will be using it on real material in the coming week, so reserving full judgement until then.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'm glad. More money saved for Black Friday :)

I am a little interested in upgrading but I am more than puzzled by the mention of ARA but only for Logic. Seems an incredibly strange thing to do. Does anyone know if this is correct ie they have limited ARA functionality just to Logic. Maybe they are going to switch to Apple only
Last edited by fairlyclose on Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

I do believe that izotope is actually working on native Silicon support, per their support website.

I have a post project on deck so making the switch now makes sense to me and if I need to be on RX 9 for future ARM support, one more reason to upgrade. Is it safe to assume that when Izotope does add M1 silicon native support you will need to be on the latest version of RX to get it? Presumably they won't put ARM support off for another 12-15 months until RX 10 comes along, right?

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:17 am Upgrade for Advanced is half the usual price, $149, I guess reflecting the lack of new features for music users.

Product page here - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx.html
I logged in and my price is $299. May it be because I'm still on V7.

Yes, it seems the $149 is just for V8 users.
Fernando (FMR)

As of right now, I'd strongly recommend people don't upgrade - but if there are any Post users out there, I'd love you to try the demo!

I've emailed support, this can't be right. The new dialogue isolate algorithm isn't finding any dialogue at all on difficult clips, whereas the legacy algorithm makes an ok effort at it - not sounding great, but it is basically doing what it is supposed to do. Additionally I can't make the Batch Processor work in 9, the process button is greyed out. Same files and settings in 8 working normally.

I'm hoping something got screwed up on release that they can fix. As it is - a totally useless update (and this from a huge RX fan).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”