Coming Soon: RX 9

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRist
321 posts since 10 Apr, 2002

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:56 am

I've not got any old plugin presets to be fair, I use most of my plugins in Sound Forge / WaveLab. It would be just nice to use the occasional plugin easily. With a search function like Reaper or Bitwig where you just start typing the name for a filtered list.

And yes, wow are the groupings oddly arbitrary and inconsistent - it's almost trying to be alphabetical in some areas but gives up as it started so badly to begin with :D

Anyway, it's something I hope they work on in the future.

v1o
KVRAF
3042 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:35 am

I will wait out this update. Nothing really in it for music.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRian
1057 posts since 30 Mar, 2008 from MN, USA

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:47 am

Unfortunately, RX 8 is buggy as hell on an M1, and iZotope has no intention of fixing it. Crash city to the point of being unusable. As of RX 9.1.1 things seem pretty stable. So I was basically forced to update. But I waited until Cyber Monday.

KVRist
359 posts since 26 Aug, 2019

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Saw that one coming a mile away about RX 8 so I upgraded as soon as 9 was available. No regrets. That's the only iZotope software I installed on my M1 and I have most of their offerings. I love RX but not so fond of anything else. Considering selling off the rest, well Trash 2 & Iris have no real resale value and I would hold out hope for a Trash 3.

KVRAF
1751 posts since 16 Jan, 2013 from USA

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:06 pm

Does RX or Acoustica do a better job of restoration? I have RX 8 and have used several versions before that and it's always been pretty damn good at it. Leaving material in much better shape without destroying the EQ. That to me is it's bread and butter. If anyone says Acoustica is better for that, I'll take a look, otherwise it's a non-starter.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”