Cubase 12 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tappert wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:23 pm So, Is there any news on Cubase 12 yet?
They said "next week", so no.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

it was just a lame joke about the title of the thread

in case you missed it, Steinberg did update their website briefly talking about Cubase 12 before taking it down, to be released in 2022, but apparently the grace period for those upgrading to v11 for example starts soon, although don't do it until it's official confirmed.
Google Cubase 12, you'll see a reddit chat with a screenshot, and confirmed on the Steinberg forums by an admin that it was unintentional.
Expecting something in the next week or so.

Licensing info - Licensing info.... I wonder if they will force any version to be at version 12 to be able to work. That will be fun with their new LICENSING..

https://www.reddit.com/r/cubase/comment ... is_coming/

So if they start the grace period now and it covers 12...
then...
11.5 will not come out at all and we will have 12 early 2022???

They were probably testing the page for the next few days that people will be going amok "when is 11.5 coming out" balbalbalbaba. OR.. 11.5 WILL come out but 12 will come earlier than the normal November release?

The news is that it's still gonna look like a Frankenstein DAW.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

do you even DAW tho

jancivil wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:53 pm def agree w. that update QC such as in that fashion. Not holding my breath.
if they work track presets to hold all the automation in what's saved I'll find the money for a point five.
If not it's in all likelihood more trouble than it's worth, to me.
dont care anymore.

bought Bitwig :love:

Where is the hot off the press news and info? It seems Steinberg is keeping C12 news close to the vest. I'm interesting in knowing what they plan for features on the next version.

VitaminD wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:06 pm Where is the hot off the press news and info? It seems Steinberg is keeping C12 news close to the vest. I'm interesting in knowing what they plan for features on the next version.
Next week there's an online event for cubase. Tuesday or Wednesday. Apparently they announced it on twitter.

I think it will turn on osx 10.15 minimum
Vst 3 only and they said no more dongle....so it will be possible to sell it....since i have switch to repear i dont use it anymore....
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

pixel85 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:56 am
VitaminD wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:06 pm Where is the hot off the press news and info? It seems Steinberg is keeping C12 news close to the vest. I'm interesting in knowing what they plan for features on the next version.
Next week there's an online event for cubase. Tuesday or Wednesday. Apparently they announced it on twitter.
Excellent. Thanks for the info!

More BPM please

I have it downloaded and installed and activated using the grace eligibility upgrade. Nothing obvious has changed when you boot it up other than the logo is now a blue colour. I am waiting for the new Verve Piano to finish downloading which is a whopping 8.94 GB.
Last edited by dellboy on Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

More BPM please

Mostly improvements. No plugin parameters modulators, no clip launcher(!) :P
A wave of disappointment in 3..2...1 :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”