Why You Left Reason ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tried to find a thread with this title, but couldn't...

So, for those who did or are at this time considering it... simply sum up your thoughts in a sentence or two, and what your next move will be if any.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Why? Why. :wink:

I wanted to go insane

Why you left Logic is also missing…
But both DAW names give the answer already.
There is a reason to leave Reason. It seems reasonable…
And there is a logic behind leaving Logic. It seems logical after all…

Or you're leaving Reason and Logic for an Emerson Moog Modular System ($150.000 according to google)

(or you've messed with the Reaper)
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

The other thread is actually 18 months old and a lot happened during that time.

Personally I haven't left Reason, but I downgraded from v12 to v11.3 simply because the current version isn't ready to be used as a daily driver yet, at least for me - it's buggy, it's slow, it doesn't look good (zoomed to 120%). I hope they'll fix all of that in coming months, as they've indicated in the roadmap they published recently. The price hike is obviously very controversial, but it's not necessarily a bad thing provided it allows them to deliver on their promise of new openness, transparency and will start to pump out features and devices on a constant basis and won't increment version number not more frequently than every 2 years.

I really want to stay with Reason, as I find it the most inspiring and fun DAW to work it (until certain point where the project gets unwieldy). The v12 "era" is where I'll make the decision. The "proof is in the pudding", so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

zoidkirb wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:20 am Why? Why. :wink:
'cuz THE INTRANCER.

I've been a Reason 8 user on/off for years and with the current Reason 12/+ subscription I took the plunge and I couldn't be happier. The extra synths you get are just amazing, especially Europa and Friktion. Sure, Reason isn't finished and it shows, especially the UI which is blurry in parts (I use a 4K monitor). But as a sound design tool, it's great. Admittedly I use another DAW for music production (FL Studio).

I would not leave Reason. I’m using it now as the people at Propellerheads intend me to use it. As a plug-in inside Logic or Renoise. :clown:
void main(dumb)

When I stopped using Reason as my main DAW it wasn’t even a DAW yet (no audio tracks, recording or editing). I usually only buy an upgrade license so I can access older projects but otherwise I don’t use it at all.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Sometimes I start a song in Reason. But it gets confusing a couple of tracks in. I can't imagine doing a whole song in Reason alone to be honest.
I'm also a late adaptor. Reason 10 was my first dibble into the eco system
It's just not.... intuitive in any way
As a plugin it's unbeatable. But as a DAW it is IMHO hopelessly confusing.
Probably the reason they are trying to market it as such.
void main(dumb)

I've cooled off Reason lately as the sequencer is a bit frustrating to work with (still no clip looping) and the development/pricing model is making me gloomy for its future.

I've also ultimately found it easier to use Kontakt + REAPER for loop slicing / regrooving than Reason's inbuilt transient detection + Dr Rex + Groove Mixer. I really wanted this to be a playground where I could record loops from my modular hardware, play them back and chop them up... but it's a bit awkward in practice.

It's a shame because jamming CV sequences into synth parameters is still lots of fun and lets me do modular-like things with a different flavour/workflow to hardware.

no reason.

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:32 pmno reason.
Logically
void main(dumb)

quite funny that even Renoise has better piano roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJcpnwaY1I

https://github.com/ryrun/com.dufte.Simp ... /readme.md hello Bitwig :party:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”