Reason free trial is gone. Now they charge 1$ to the equivalent of free trial

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:18 am so what - they think a free trial does not suit their business model. $1 is nothing if you are genuinely interested
:dog:

When was the last time someone complained about value of this "deal". You even quoted me where I said it isn't about 1$. :clap:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:37 pm They will be charging people to log into their accounts next.
and charge $1 every minute reason is in use :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

jacqueslacouth wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:12 am I loathe this opt out of a trial bullshite when they have your credit card details and then start charging you if you just forget to opt out on the right day. It is a very deliberate and malicious marketing strategy..so F.U. Reason Studios, you want to play that crap, I consider our relationship (since 2.5) OVER!
Me too. Glad there's someone on my page too. Had an argument over on Reasontalk about it. I think it's shady that. I stated it was thought up by a greedy / shady lawyer to legally be able to withdraw money from your account if you forget to cancel and I still stand by that notion.

jens wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:42 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:25 am but, go on, keep foaming at the mouth. the torches and pitchforks brigade round here seem to be constantly willing to show up even if they're not at that other forum.
I don't see anyone foaming or waving pitchforks - I only see people being fed up with heaps of sad crap on one side and fanboiz who are blind and deaf to facts and reason (no pun intended) and will stoop down to any level in an attempt to defend their precious on the other side.
Good analysis.

Eclectrophonic wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:46 pm
jacqueslacouth wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:12 am I loathe this opt out of a trial bullshite when they have your credit card details and then start charging you if you just forget to opt out on the right day. It is a very deliberate and malicious marketing strategy..so F.U. Reason Studios, you want to play that crap, I consider our relationship (since 2.5) OVER!
Me too. Glad there's someone on my page too. Had an argument over on Reasontalk about it. I think it's shady that. I stated it was thought up by a greedy / shady lawyer to legally be able to withdraw money from your account if you forget to cancel and I still stand by that notion.
The cynic in me agrees with the above and I wondered if there were a few people who didn't quit the £3 for 3 months deal and ended up paying a extra £20 or more due to forgetting/being able to cancel. I would be interested to know if anyone in this situation had tried to get their money back if they hadn't logged into reason+ and if they were successful. If rs could see you hadn't logged in and refunded this would be fine but I am guessing legally they could just say nope. If they don't refund it is a good money maker for them but shady in my eyes.

Well as a v1 buyer all the way back this is just disgraceful. I sold up at v11 and don't regret it one bit. I still have reason lite to use in Ableton LIve or Logic but mostly to remind me if I ever get twitchy and think about buying it again.

All this time and effort not to mention money they are ploughing into polishing the turd Reason has become is ridiculous and their social media efforts are painful. Just follow them on instagram for a fairly depressing view of whayt appear to be a fairly desperate company.

It is such a shame that such a pivotal forward looking company and program has ended up in this position - I still hope they can find a way out of this mess to being an innovative company again.
- Logic Pro -

That there is only one update in 2 almost two and a half months is disgraceful. Even to pop out a quick one to fix the device folders that stay open in the Browser! (maybe Reason+ users have that fixed?)
And other than a quick humorous reply to antic tweet about the Roadmap two weeks ago, there's no acknowledgement of a change in the Roadmap. It's sad. They couldn't even hit their very first target, and nothing mentioned, even though we'd "be the first to know" if there was a change. Yeah, I know. It was a plan, not a promise.

Reason 2021 -- an almost-forgotten celebrity charging $1 for selfies at the carnival.
Have you tried Vital?

:x

Well, I finally could sell Reason! I had to wait and send my request two times, but thanks God for the kind and friendly support that transferred the license but warned me that it's the last time that they do it for me :) The support thought that I'm making money from buying and selling Reason, but I assured him that I'm actually losing money.

Cockos support also told me that the license will be NFR if I sell it!

So, yeah! It's good to be stable and choose one DAW and stick to it, otherwise, companies have the right to treat you as a theif!

Lesson learned :)

Samiver wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:27 am
Eclectrophonic wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:46 pm
The cynic in me agrees with the above and I wondered if there were a few people who didn't quit the £3 for 3 months deal and ended up paying a extra £20 or more due to forgetting/being able to cancel. I would be interested to know if anyone in this situation had tried to get their money back if they hadn't logged into reason+ and if they were successful. If rs could see you hadn't logged in and refunded this would be fine but I am guessing legally they could just say nope. If they don't refund it is a good money maker for them but shady in my eyes.
I agree. I'm not sure if anyone asked for their money back but 2 or 3 days after my 3 for 3 was up (upon realising I'd been charged a month at £19.99 or whatever it is) I was severely tempted to message them about it but never did. I might have a been a bit angry at the time too and not sure what frame of mind I'd have been in.

festeringheap wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:43 pm That there is only one update in 2 almost two and a half months is disgraceful. Even to pop out a quick one to fix the device folders that stay open in the Browser! (maybe Reason+ users have that fixed?)
And other than a quick humorous reply to antic tweet about the Roadmap two weeks ago, there's no acknowledgement of a change in the Roadmap. It's sad. They couldn't even hit their very first target, and nothing mentioned, even though we'd "be the first to know" if there was a change. Yeah, I know. It was a plan, not a promise.
Yeah they're going slow again but in their defence, they could have all the code going all over the place so fixing one thing then disturbs another etc etc so it might not necessarily be a case of putting out an update with some things fixed, it might need to be all fixed first. Just a guess. Mattias has apparently said though, that an update is due any day now, they're ironing out a few creases so to speak apparently.

kmonkey wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:34 am
jens wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:43 am
waxtrax wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:33 pm To be clear, this is for the Reason+ subscription. There is still no cost (other than bandwidth) to download the standalone version of Reason for a demo.
Link?
He is wrong. There is no link, no Reason trial anymore.

You can only "try" Reason + which is a subscription service. It will provide you fully functional trial for 30 days. for 1$

Simply put there is no official Reason 12 (standalone) demo/trial whatever. It was removed yesterday and apparently it's not coming back. Seems unbelievable but true.

So basically the only way to "trial" now is to subscribe for 1$ for 30 days - meaning in order just to try software you need to own a credit card. And pay 1$. And then you need to opt out manually.

Woooot
$499? Is that a price hike? That seems a bit much for basically ... "Budget Komplete."

Anyone can get Cakewalk or REAPER for free-dirt cheap and end up with a better Production DAW/Sequencer than Reason. You're basically paying $500 for their plug-ins and virtual instruments.

I like how they have a crossgrade now...

But only to the subscription.

Lol.

This is what happenes when you miscalculate how "enticing" a subscription is and delete the biggest value SKUs in your product line: Reason Intro and Reason Suite.

Imagine Steinberg dropping Cubase Elements and Pro and introducing a Cubase+ Subscription.
Or Ableton Dropping Live Intro and Suite and introducing an Live+ subscription.

That's basically what Reason Studios did.

They deleted a valuable onboarding product SKU, while also killing the higher value SKU for people who are willing to invest more.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”