Studio One users... You staying or going?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why do so many people here think that, just because Fender bought Presonus, they would turn everything with a Presonus tag on it into a band/guitar orientated product? That doesn't even make sense. Why buy a company for that?

I see no reason that they can’t (or wouldn’t) appeal to both camps.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

wuworld wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:36 pm Fender amp sims would be good, would be curious to see if they can buy IK Multimedia…
Fixed :hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:48 pm I see no reason that they can’t (or wouldn’t) appeal to both camps.
Because FENDER is not run by musicians and has not been for years.
They are owned by a private equity firm run by bean counters. Sometimes,
these types of firms, like Mitt Romney's former company Bain Capitol, buy
companies to PURPOSLY destroy them to line their own pockets. Sometimes
they simply do not understand the needs of the user base of the company
they just bought. Either way....the end user is screwed.

When CBS bought Fender back in the day it nearly ruined the brand. Likewise
when Norlin bought Gibson the result was the same. Likewise Gibson ruined
countless companies and technologies they bought. Roland bought Cakewalk.
And Roland actually made software and music hardware. How'd that workout for Sonar users? Bandlab may have it on life support but it will never be what it once was.

The verdict is still out on Yamaha's scooping up Steinberg and Line 6 AND Ampeg. And Korg's grabbing Marshall & Vox.

Sometimes these things work out. But just as often they do not.
Personally, I used to work for Presonus & am a long time Studio One
user. I'm not ready to jump ship just yet.....but I'm keeping a very close
watch on how this buyout progresses.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Lol “jury still out” on Yamaha buying Steinberg… in 2004.

wuworld wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:42 pm Studio One also need to get more the young music maker on board like FL or Ableton has. Just my 2.
There is a market uptick in guitar sales and guitars in popular music. So this is exactly what will bring in the young music makers.

chk071 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:46 pm Why do so many people here think that, just because Fender bought Presonus, they would turn everything with a Presonus tag on it into a band/guitar orientated product? That doesn't even make sense. Why buy a company for that?
To make money. This market is underserved in recent years. And the trends are pointing to more guitar infused popular music.

CapnLockheed wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:05 pm
cryophonik wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:48 pm I see no reason that they can’t (or wouldn’t) appeal to both camps.

And Roland actually made software and music hardware. How'd that workout for Sonar users? Bandlab may have it on life support but it will never be what it once was.

The verdict is still out on Yamaha's scooping up Steinberg and Line 6 AND Ampeg. And Korg's grabbing Marshall & Vox.

As a former Presonus employee what do you see happening? Also, I was thinking Matthias from Presonus Software created Studio One. Is their a chance he leaves you think to create his own DAW, if Fender doesn't workout? He left Steinberg I think, and created one. Just a thought.

Seems like some of your information is outdated. Fender did almost die when CBS bought them. However, Fender of today regardless of whether they are run by musicians or not is actually the biggest guitar manufacturer in the world and one of the most popular brands. Their guitars over the last decade or so have been great. Well built, sound good and they still hold their value. Even their Squire line is good nowadays.

Fender is a music company and they do care about the products they put out and they have been putting out pretty good products. Leo Fender himself wasn't musician, he was more of an engineer, yet here we are decades later still buying and playing his iconic guitars.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:59 am yet here we are decades later still buying and playing his iconic guitars.
...and some of us are playing his iconic G&L basses ;)

cryophonik wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:34 am
apoclypse wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:59 am yet here we are decades later still buying and playing his iconic guitars.
...and some of us are playing his iconic G&L basses ;)
87 G&L Skyhawk here. That was the last year Leo Fender worked in the factory

Definitely staying.

And here is something odd that you seem to never hear on KVR, but I actually like all of Studio Ones onboard instruments.

I think Mai Tai is great and use it a lot. SampleOne is a very decent sampler once you use it a bit and get used to it, and by "sampler", I mean I sample stuff and play it. Presence has great rompler sounds, more than good enough for my modest needs. Even Mojito is a decent one osc synth. I could easily install just Studio One and use if it for everything.

I bought Cubase Pro before Studio One, and at first Studio One gathered dust, but it has slowly grown on me. And of late its Cubase that is left languishing. Great DAW.

I just jumped ship from Cubase to Studio One and loving it, so I hope I don't need to jump again. I follow Fender guitars quite a bit and they seem to have been getting better and better. Lots of models at all price points and all well made. Same can't be said for Gibson.

dellboy wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:35 pm Definitely staying.

And here is something odd that you seem to never hear on KVR, but I actually like all of Studio Ones onboard instruments.

I think Mai Tai is great and use it a lot. SampleOne is a very decent sampler once you use it a bit and get used to it, and by "sampler", I mean I sample stuff and play it. Presence has great rompler sounds, more than good enough for my modest needs. Even Mojito is a decent one osc synth. I could easily install just Studio One and use if it for everything.

I bought Cubase Pro before Studio One, and at first Studio One gathered dust, but it has slowly grown on me. And of late its Cubase that is left languishing. Great DAW.
I agree.
I love Impact and Mai Tai :)
Sampler One is also a cool and simple sampler.

I don't use Presence at all since i have all the Rompler sounds i need elsewhere :)

Mai Tai is super and very versatile synth that people overlook because it is bundled in a Daw and i love that it has different Character settings and Quality setting that do what they say and change it into a Complete different sounding synth.

Life support?

Cakewalk is stronger now than it's ever been. The development and bug fixing is miles ahead of any point in the companies history. Their developers are dedicated, and have a budget to get things done. Currently using it for a new album, and I haven't even had one error or crash. I'm comparing the current program to all the time I spent with Cakewalk products from 1995 to 2016.

Presonus, on the other hand, can't even kill the 666 Noise Blast bug that's been going on for years.
What sound do dreams make when they die?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”