Studio One users... You staying or going?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
apoclypse
KVRian
941 posts since 17 Oct, 2018

Post Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:01 pm

jlgrimes11 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:57 pm
syntonica wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:39 am
CapnLockheed wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:09 am
No? Had a look at Presonus's page lately? The first thing you see is a Fender guitar and amp. The focus is already shifting away from pro audio. It's shifting towards YouTube content creators, podcasters and kiddie "producers" with iPhones.
Companies like Fender and Presonus don't innovate any longer, in general; they just follow the market. Whether for the better or not, that's where the bread and butter business is going and companies that don't have a boutique kind of niche carved out for themselves must follow to keep the dollars flowing in.

Try finding a modern audio processing/conversion software anymore that properly handles samples. They are all more geared towards podcasters and mp3 rippers. Zero love for finding the perfect loop in a sample and storing that metadata.

Like it or not, U-Tubers, Pod-People and Tick-Talkers are the future. At least until the next thing.
I prefer Fender over Gibson lol.

Fender seems to be a forward thinking company that also is more reasonably priced and is at least trying to bring guitar playing into the 21st century.
I love the way Gibson guitars look, the LP is just so iconic and classy looking but frankly for the price they ask for their guitars I would get PRS instead and know the build quality, sound, and playability will be top notch even if a little expensive. Otherwise I would go with a Fender and if I must have an LP, the Epiphones have been really good over the last decade or so.

I actually build my own guitars though so I'm good. I'm actually working on an LP clone over the new few weeks.
Studio One 5.2 // Bitwig 3.3.4 // Logic Pro X 10.6 // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // MPC // Force // Maschine

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”