Low latency collaboration

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Possibly the wrong place but what's the best low latency collab webpage or software available? to collab with people around the world?

Try Steinberg. Latency will always be hardware network dependent.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

superstardj02 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:42 am Hi all,

Possibly the wrong place but what's the best low latency collab webpage or software available? to collab with people around the world?
Do you want to jam/collaborate in real time, or just share projects? If you want to jam/collaborate in real time, you'll need something like Jamulus or JackTrip. You'll still have a lot of latency to deal with, but in theory, these apps make real-time jamming possible.

If you just want to work on other peoples' projects, or have them work on yours, many DAWs allow that now, and there are sites offering that service (usually for free or a nominal monthly subscription).

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I want to be able to engineer with people over the internet using Ableton, not what websites are available and a Google search didn't show too much.

SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

to do low-latency jamming over the internet basically requires software called jack trip from Stanford U, and you need a wired ethernet connection (and a dedicated box for the purpose), wifi is too "dynamic", unstable.

Cheers for the links on Beat Connect and Satellite folks!

For online band practice/collaboration, you can also try koord.live
You can easily create free private rehearsal sessions to play in real-time.

And to see what's possible with Jamulus, watch WorldJam on Saturday (17:00 GMT) - YouTube, Facebook and Twitch live streamed international performances with (unsync'd) video. You can read more about it on https://worldjam.vip

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”