MuLab 9 pre-beta (+clip launcher video)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

humanboeing wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:02 pm Two different tempos? Let me blow your mind: you can have as many composers as your processing power can handle, and they ofc can have different tempos, different arrangement, different everything pretty much, I'll attach a screenshot to give you an idea.
Wow, this is great. Can the two (or three) timelines be started simultaneously?

pinki wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:51 pm
humanboeing wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:02 pm Two different tempos? Let me blow your mind: you can have as many composers as your processing power can handle, and they ofc can have different tempos, different arrangement, different everything pretty much, I'll attach a screenshot to give you an idea.
Wow, this is great. Can the two (or three) timelines be started simultaneously?
Yes they can :)

Hooray! Just as I got tired of Black Friday deals! :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

The guts of Mulab are completely modular. Hence the potential for unique abilities.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi
I'm very interested to test the new version 9 of mulab
Here is my email asferion95@gmail.com (mailto:asferion95@gmail.com)
I enjoy making music with mulab 8 or ableton live but mulab is more intuitive.
With the clip launcher, it will be best than live !
Do you planish to use clip launch with midi keyboards ?
Thanks !
Happy Christmas

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:34 pm
dellboy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:55 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:07 pm Don't understand how is that different than Bitwig, you can play only clip launcher or only timeline or both simultaneously, you can trigger clips wherever you are in timeline, you can just use clip launcher without it playing anything in timeline, think Logic have the same approach too, what is here different and what's the gain?
I am currently demoing Bitwig and I have not found a way to switch off the timeline, I have just set up a loop for the time being to stop it. Whats the proper way to do it?

I have found it annoying that the timeline keeps running as I have recorded lots of audio clips of my hardware to use in sampler tracks and have just left them cluttered on the timeline and they obviously trigger when I hit start. So as a novice I straight away see a reason to run the launcher and timeline independently.
You can't switch it off, think in my next response I confirmed that, both are playing in same time, but you can choose where the clips play, from clip launcher only, from timeline only or from both, if you choose from clip launcher it will mute the clips in timeline, but it will still play there.

Why are you recording in timeline, isn't point of clip launcher area to not clutter the timeline with different clips?

Hmm. Having two be independent is pretty cool imo. I can see many possibilities for that. Different tempos etc.

One thing that would be cool and I don't know if this is possible would be to have the clip launch and then have the arranger kick off after the clip launched, or vice versa. Like having a marker or flag saying kick off a clip here. Think something similar to Traktor cue points or loop points but independent of the whole timeline and per track. I'm imagining having markers or cue points per track that can trigger clips on the fly and stop them as well. Right now in other clip based DAWs (Ableton, Bitwig, Logic etc) its an either/or thing, the time line and clip launcher don't really interact at all. In Ableton in particular there is a change in context that makes it more inconvenient to mix the two. There is so much more than can be done with tracks and clips. I'm not sure why no one is doing more with the concept other than copying Ableton.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:36 pmRight now in other clip based DAWs (Ableton, Bitwig, Logic etc) its an either/or thing, the time line and clip launcher don't really interact at all. In Ableton in particular there is a change in context that makes it more inconvenient to mix the two. There is so much more than can be done with tracks and clips. I'm not sure why no one is doing more with the concept other than copying Ableton.
In Bitwig you have a "Next Action" in a Clip Launcher clip that can go to Arrange. No option to go back to the Launcher though.

apoclypse wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:36 pm One thing that would be cool and I don't know if this is possible would be to have the clip launch and then have the arranger kick off after the clip launched, or vice versa. Like having a marker or flag saying kick off a clip here. Think something similar to Traktor cue points or loop points but independent of the whole timeline and per track. I'm imagining having markers or cue points per track that can trigger clips on the fly and stop them as well. Right now in other clip based DAWs (Ableton, Bitwig, Logic etc) its an either/or thing, the time line and clip launcher don't really interact at all. In Ableton in particular there is a change in context that makes it more inconvenient to mix the two. There is so much more than can be done with tracks and clips. I'm not sure why no one is doing more with the concept other than copying Ableton.
Nice idea! :clap:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”