Logic Pro Dark mode (like FCP)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Needs LPXColorizer and their crazy hack to work, so its useless without the app...

Work in progress, wonder if i'll ever be able to get enough there to not be worse than stock - unlike most themes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wonder how I'd feel about that. I thought it was default in 'Dark Mode.' :D
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:57 am Wonder how I'd feel about that. I thought it was default in 'Dark Mode.' :D
Its kinda in between honestly. Not as bright as light mode of macos, not as dark as darkmode and ie fcp/motion/compressor

At the beginning I was going to say who needs this as Logic Pro is already "dark". But then I just got my new M1 MBP and loaded up Logic on it. There is white everywhere, the interface is really light, and I hate the way Logic looks now. I was still using LPX in Catalina so I'm stuck on version 10.6.3. I really don't know why they made it worse than what is was before. The overly rounded icons and corners don't look professional imo and they lightened the interface considerably. I'm not sure what Apple is thinking. I think 10.6.3 was perfect on Catalina in-terms of interface. The new look doesn't add anything at all to the interface.

Anyway I know it's OT, but it just took my by such surprise yesterday.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:11 pm At the beginning I was going to say who needs this as Logic Pro is already "dark". But then I just got my new M1 MBP and loaded up Logic on it. There is white everywhere, the interface is really light, and I hate the way Logic looks now. I was still using LPX in Catalina so I'm stuck on version 10.6.3. I really don't know why they made it worse than what is was before. The overly rounded icons and corners don't look professional imo and they lightened the interface considerably. I'm not sure what Apple is thinking. I think 10.6.3 was perfect on Catalina in-terms of interface. The new look doesn't add anything at all to the interface.

From what I read, Apple is trying to merge the look and feel of iOS (i.e., iPads) with macOS so that when you can eventually run iOS apps on your Mac, the look and feel of the OS won't seem so foreign. Also, since there are so many more iOS apps than macOS apps, it would seem to make sense to run the iOS apps in an environment (on the Mac) that iOS users are used to.

Of course, this is all speculation. I don't know how solid Apple's plans are for running iOS apps in macOS.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:33 am
apoclypse wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:11 pm At the beginning I was going to say who needs this as Logic Pro is already "dark". But then I just got my new M1 MBP and loaded up Logic on it. There is white everywhere, the interface is really light, and I hate the way Logic looks now. I was still using LPX in Catalina so I'm stuck on version 10.6.3. I really don't know why they made it worse than what is was before. The overly rounded icons and corners don't look professional imo and they lightened the interface considerably. I'm not sure what Apple is thinking. I think 10.6.3 was perfect on Catalina in-terms of interface. The new look doesn't add anything at all to the interface.

From what I read, Apple is trying to merge the look and feel of iOS (i.e., iPads) with macOS so that when you can eventually run iOS apps on your Mac, the look and feel of the OS won't seem so foreign. Also, since there are so many more iOS apps than macOS apps, it would seem to make sense to run the iOS apps in an environment (on the Mac) that iOS users are used to.

Of course, this is all speculation. I don't know how solid Apple's plans are for running iOS apps in macOS.
Lots of iOS apps already can run on Mac. It is just a recompile for the developer. For example, Drambo (modular groovebox on iOS) runs in Mac OS now...

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:40 am
Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:33 am From what I read, Apple is trying to merge the look and feel of iOS (i.e., iPads) with macOS so that when you can eventually run iOS apps on your Mac, the look and feel of the OS won't seem so foreign. Also, since there are so many more iOS apps than macOS apps, it would seem to make sense to run the iOS apps in an environment (on the Mac) that iOS users are used to.

Lots of iOS apps already can run on Mac. It is just a recompile for the developer. For example, Drambo (modular groovebox on iOS) runs in Mac OS now...
I'm curious, do these recompiled iOS apps have a menu bar and menus? What about the touch interfaces? Do you manipulate iOS objects onscreen with a mouse? How well does this work compared to the original touch interface?

It seems like to get a real macOS app experience developers will have to do more than just recompile the code.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:55 am
pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:40 am
Gadget Fiend wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:33 am From what I read, Apple is trying to merge the look and feel of iOS (i.e., iPads) with macOS so that when you can eventually run iOS apps on your Mac, the look and feel of the OS won't seem so foreign. Also, since there are so many more iOS apps than macOS apps, it would seem to make sense to run the iOS apps in an environment (on the Mac) that iOS users are used to.

I'm curious, do these recompiled iOS apps have a menu bar and menus? What about the touch interfaces? Do you manipulate iOS objects onscreen with a mouse? How well does this work compared to the original touch interface?

It seems like to get a real macOS app experience developers will have to do more than just recompile the code.
i've used a few direct downloads and the experience is okay but hindered. Menubar is generic.

I can't think of any "port" to try out.

Ploki wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:59 pm Needs LPXColorizer and their crazy hack to work, so its useless without the app...

Work in progress, wonder if i'll ever be able to get enough there to not be worse than stock - unlike most themes.
Well, I never understood why Apple didn't try to use the same user interface for both LPX and FCPX, or at least share a large amount of basic graphic elements (color codes, icons, tabs, menus, dark UI…).
So I really hope that your efforts on this dark mode using LPX Colorizer will eventually bear fruit, because I miss this kind of design since my early days with Logic.
I humbly use LPX Colorizer as well, only to adapt a few things here and there, so I realize there's a lot of work to be done to get stylish and sleek results.
Good luck for this project, I will definitely keep a close watch on this thread!

Ikr? Compressor and Motion also share the same color scheme, and its so much better. I’d love if logic had a native dark mode equal to fcpx.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”