BR or MOB ?

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bug Report or My Old Brain ?
I did something I rarely do = deleted the old version of LiveSlice while I was upgrading to the latest version, now I can't check whether this is a new bug, or standard behaviour ...

Load a blank slate
Load a loop into the slicer
Muck around a while
Stop playback, save PATCH in the host.
Unload Liveslice.
Tap on the desk 3 times
Load a blank LiveSlice again
Load the PATCH
It comes up with all the settings, but an empty [top left window] IE no wavfiles are loaded.
(Not at music PC now - can't remember terminology..)

I'm pretty sure I did this in the week I had the old version, and it worked ??

Could be me old brain though !!

PS
Bank and song reload are all great in SX3 now - thanks for that !!

FR
Has a "clear all" button been requested yet - that returns Liveslice to its' just loaded state ??

Thanks !

TonyBy wrote:Bug Report or My Old Brain ?
neither.. nor i think ;)
i guess you saved an fxp? if so wavs aren't saved in fxp, only in fxbs. like it says on the settings page "Save audio data in songs and banks.
fxps only save the current preset (arrangement) and don't contain the audio.

Hi and thanks.
No - I wasn't expecting the audio data to be saved in the fxp = but I thought it would hold a "pointer" to the audio files used..
I must get the latest manual - I think there is stuff that hasn't "clicked" yet with me.
So what use is an fxp then, if it doesn't remember what wavforms it was using ??
I was hoping I could use the fxp's to transfer a nice pattern, from a full bank, to a clean bank to work on it further.
Guess the way around it, is to manually clear out all but one - and save to a new fxb.
Maybe I should make a new FR - "Load waves with patch" option !!
It would save a lot of deleting...

Maybe I should make a new FR - "Load waves with patch" option
it's definately possible, although a little complicated to implement. Is it too difficult to just load the fxp and then load the wave file seperately? I am aware that the loop would have to be in the same slot in the wavetable, but if you intend to just load in a clean bank that's not a big problem - certainly easier than deleting 23 arrangments manually.
I did make a not of your request, so perhaps one of these updates :-)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

ohm wrote:
Maybe I should make a new FR - "Load waves with patch" option
.... Is it too difficult to just load the fxp and then load the wave file seperately?
Thanks Ohm & RAW.
Sure, if it's just one single wav in slot one - no problem..
When you have 15 slots on the go, not so easy !!

I can understand, though, why this would be tricky to do, - wavs might end up in different slots depending if the target bank was already populated etc.

OK a simpler idea then - if we had a button that cleaned out everything EXCEPT the wavs in the top left corner, all we would need to do is..

1/ Save FXP
2/ Press the "Clear all but wavs" button
3/ Reload fxp

Better still, I guess just copy the arrangement, clear all, paste the arrangement - as I believe is possible already (except the clear all bit !!)

I'm a picky git :) and would also like to see a "Clear all INCLUDING wavs button" ...
Maybe the same button with ctrl pressed or something ??

I tend to like "starting from scratch" a lot, and the quickest way, at the mo,, is to unload and reload Liveslice from SX (sometimes hazardous in song with lots of Vsti's & fx loaded...)

Just food for thought anyhow - thanks for listening !!

bump

A clear button is not too much to ask :) Added to the list.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Return to “Livelab.dk”