ohm wrote:very few instruments support this as far as I know.
Hi, I don't know if/how it could work together with tablet2midi, but Tobybear's MicroTuner allows microtuning with vstis. The 1-finger fingerboard would be incredible though. I'm not sure how Continuum has implemented it.
Wanted to mention that I just bought LiveSlice!
I love your design & use of dynamic colours in your guis.
Tablet2Midi looks like it's coming along great as well.
Some of my own FR's/ideas for Tablet2Midi (not in order). I use Borogrove's MIDITab and would like it's functionality implimented & extended in Tablet2Midi.
1. be able to see where the pen tip is at all times, I would like to be able to just look at the screen as well, so I wouldn't have to look at my tablet all the time (like not looking at the keyboard when I type), since I don't want to have to keep looking down at the tablet when I want to do something
2. cross-hair option on the xy pads - I find this much easier to see where my value is using cross-hairs (as well it's good with the next FR when things get small)
3. resizeable main window - ability to resize the main window so I could stick it in the corner as a visual reference while using say my sequencer in another area of the screen
4. ability to hide the file browser area of the gui (working mode)
5. always on top option
6. minimize to tray option
7. background colour select
8. edit mode (like MAX/MSP) where you can drag things around all at once, reshape, etc., then lock into a configuration
9. use draggable predefined shapes (rectangles, etc.) to define areas (I prefer to line things up on the screen)
10. little left-right preset buttons for quick patch changes as well as hotkeys defined to do this
11. little toggle button & hotkey to toggle Tablet2Midi on or off (to allow to quickly use tablet as mouse again for drawing-in envelopes etc. in main software seq/host)
12. ability to use the tip and eraser on the same area, yet have different values defined for both (use tip controls CC 1&2 on pad, eraser controls 3&4), like MidiTab - MidiTab even goes further to define sets for different pens & mice on the tablet (Intuos)
13. ability to define tilt, z-axis, tangent & twist of Intuos pen (like MidiTab)
14. ability to set MIDI rate (like MidiTab)
15. 14-bit CC support? EnergyXT can use high res CC internally (my seq of choice), not sure if this could be implemented in Tablet2Midi or if there would be any use for it.. or OSC support? I personally don't have use for this at the moment, but those people using pd (puredata) might.
Well just a bunch of ideas.
Thanks for making this cool app ohm