liveslice 1.45 beta thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DarkStar wrote:BR088 - 24bit 44.1kHz loops don't load correctly

As it says,
24 bit, 44.1 KHz, stereo, PCM loops do not load correctly or play in 145 rc1
Some of them do. I've just loaded a couple of 24 bit, 44.1 KHz, stereo, PCM loops and they sound just like in my audio editor. Perhaps the problem is not related to the bit depth? Is it possible for you to send me one of the files that are refusing to load?

btw. I fixed the cursor problem, had to write my own routine for handling cursors. the one in VSTGUI is broken.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

DarkStar wrote:yep, there will be an update (soonish) :)

Thanks DarkStar............. :wink:

ohm wrote: Some of them do. I've just loaded a couple of 24 bit, 44.1 KHz, stereo, PCM loops and they sound just like in my audio editor. Perhaps the problem is not related to the bit depth? Is it possible for you to send me one of the files that are refusing to load?

btw. I fixed the cursor problem, had to write my own routine for handling cursors. the one in VSTGUI is broken.
24/44.1 - will do.
big up the cursors!

Me again :( + :)

BR 090 - loading .fxb patch
V145 rc1 does not load .fxbs correctly for me - [Edit}the slice and arrangement data and loops are loaded but the loops and events are not displayed in the Slicer and Arranger. [this is ok in v144]

BR 089 - Automation Parameter names
To align these parameters with those in the Arranger:
"amp" xxx should be renamed "volume" xxx
"decay " xxx should be renamed to "hold" xxx
"release" xxx should be renamed to "decay" xxx

Also, I could not get the Track Parameter "Volume" to do anything. Is this feature implemented?

Edit: to add more info on loading fxb preset.

BR 092 - waveforms remain in Slicer when loop is deleted
v145 rc1 - when I delete a loop from the loops section (by middle-click or Ctrl+right-click) the loop waveform graphics remain in the Slicer for that loop slot.

BR 091 Loop unhighlighted after [save]
v145 rc1 - when I click [save] to save the current loop as an ACIDized file, its name in the Loops section loses its highlighting.

Also, when a loop is loaded into the loops section, its name is not highlighted.

As a general idea - whenever there is a loop in the Slicer, its name in the Loops section should be highlighted. That way we will always know which loop we are working with. ;)

What would we do without DarkStar...........Always on the ball...........Nice job.........

DarkStar wrote:
Also, when a loop is loaded into the loops section, its name is not highlighted.

As a general idea - whenever there is a loop in the Slicer, its name in the Loops section should be highlighted. That way we will always know which loop we are working with. ;)

Nice general idea............. :hihi: ..........I'd help to keep your focus when editing..... :wink:

more on BR 088:
- the bit depth is not the problem,
- I've found some 16-bit loops that do not load in 145rc1,
- these problem loops load Ok in v144.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

thanks all for testing, the next version is very promising :-) I'm away on a small vacation on a deserted island in sweden - you won't hear from me until monday.

ohm, have a great break and long weekend
:)

BR 093 - Some MIDI Controller config issues
a) If I change the Type of the first line to CCs then click "All" in the CC# column, I get a long vertical list of note names (C-1 . . . G#3 are visible), not a rectangular box of CC numbers

b) If I change the Type of the fifth line to Notes then click "All" in the CC# column, I get a long vertical list of CC numbers (0 . . . 56 are visible), not a rectangular box of note names

c) If I set the Note values, they are not kept when I close the settings window, but the Arrangement names are wrongly changed (by the "value" of the Note)

d) the heading of the third column has changed from CC to Note ?

Just sent out RC2, I threw in a new midi-learn feature on the settings page ("other midi controller" configuration) + lots of bugfixes, although I only just now saw BR 91 and 92 (fortunately they are both prertty minor bugs).

sweet, many thx :)

tom

ohm wrote:I threw in a new midi-learn feature
wow, great, i will post results! :shock:

update: midi learn works, the only problem is that it doesn't recognize if parameter is midi cc or note, so you have to do it manual

But main problem with new version is instability, in Podium, as soon as starting the engine, reports problems with liveslice, so you can't even try it.

First time starting in Tracktion led to gui slowdown problems on main screen. Liveslice won't respond to any midi messages sent from midi controlers.

Only host in which everything works for now is Buzz, so I will try testing it there....

kejkz wrote:main problem with new version is instability, in Podium, as soon as starting the engine, reports problems with liveslice, so you can't even try it.
Please email me your liveslice.ini file. It's located in the same directory as the dll, please include the livesliceeffect.ini file as well.

After emailing me the files you can try deleting them and see if it that solves your problems. But please don't delete them before making backups / emailing me, thanks.

Attention: I sent out the wrong file :oops: While the LiveSliceEffect.dll in the archive was the correct build, the LiveSlice.dll was not - notice how it says RC1 in the top of the screen? Well, I didn't... Please check your email, get the new file, and continue testing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “Livelab.dk”