Slice/beat repeat

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I downloaded the demo of LiveSlice last night and have been playing around with it AudioMulch. It's a very good program - well done!

I'm enjoying playing with it so much I'm interested in using for a Uni project. A sort of real-time manipulation environment in Mulch over an 8-channel Ambisonics loudspeaker array (with video) - using LiveSlice and Touchpad2MIDI as two key plugins; LiveSlice to manipulate audio, and T2MIDI as a surround panner.

My first question so far is -

It appears you can trigger a slice through a key/button, but if this key/button is kept depressed will it repeat that slice until the key/button is released?

My second question is -

Is it possible to select all the slices in a loop and affect them uniform way? i.e. all slices are reversed/pitch shifted etc.

Cheers,

Matt

Not sure about the first question, but regarding the second question, each track has a button called "Lock" right next to the button labelled "Reset." When Lock is on all slice parameters are grouped, where changing reverse on one will change reverse for all in that track.

MattyT wrote:Hi there,
It appears you can trigger a slice through a key/button, but if this key/button is kept depressed will it repeat that slice until the key/button is released?
no, slices are played once. Arrangements on the other hand, will keep playing as long as you hold down the assigned midi key. So what you could do is to program different arrangements to repeat the slices you need played in this way, then trigger those instead of individual slices - this gives you some other advantages as well: you get a full arrangement to play with using all the fx, and layers etc.

hope this helps, and it sounds really cool with the 8 speaker setup. I'm a bit of a multichannel fan myself - I did a sound installation once using 8 speakers, two mikes and some triggers in two different rooms. Great fun. If was back when LiveSlice was just a buzz machine. Ah those were the days :-)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Return to “Livelab.dk”