FR: hold LOCK while switching between parameters

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi ohm,

first of all, congrats for LiveSlice: it's an awesome tool !

In order to make LiveSlice even better, I think it would be cool if the "Lock" button could be kept hold while switching between parameters (ie: Volume, Pitch, Stretch, ...). Ohm, is it possible to add this feature ?

Currently, the "Lock" button is released when you switch from a parameter to another one.

Keep up the good work !

hi audio dude

the feature you require is there, although not quite as you describe, likely undocumented (sorry) and perhaps not ideal - in other words: open for discussion :-)

What I did implement is this: when you right click any parameter select button, lock is automatically selected too - left click to activate the parameter without lock..

I must admit I find it hard to get used to this myself, so I'm inclined to change the behavior.

Right now I'm leaning towards keeping the lock parameter as you requested, and then adding the ability to move all parameters (regardless of "lock" setting) by holding down both mouse buttons. This will give a faster workflow I hope.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

I like the function, but please don't use "hold down both mouse buttons" - it feels very awkward to me.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks for the answer, and, actually, I didn't know about this pretty-well-hidden "right-click" feature !

IMHO, the more convenient use is actually the simpliest :

- when you click on the "lock" button, the "lock" mode is now activated (you can switch between the parameters, and the "lock" mode doesn't turn off !)

- then, when you want to disable the "lock" mode, you just have to click the activated "lock" button in order to turn it off.

And, icing on the cake, when the "lock" button is on, it may be nice to be able to RIGHT-click a parameter in order to update a single selected slice although the "lock" mode is on (I think this "bypass-feature" could be interesting if you plan to stay in "lock" mode for the very next changes, but, at a moment, you only want to change a very specific slice of the sample).

I hope you understand what I mean :)

About "the ability to move all parameters (regardless of "lock" setting)", this feature would be really nice for sure ! Maybe would it be more convenient if we could do it with "shift" or "ctrl" while left-clicking ?

Once again, Ohm, thank you for LiveSlice !

Return to “Livelab.dk”