can't play 2+ bar loops on tempo (RESOLVED)

Official support for: livelab.dk
KVRAF
3105 posts since 28 Jan, 2006 from Phoenix, AZ

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:18 am

Is this going to be addressed? Currently, LiveSlice will play a 2-bar loop at twice the original tempo. :?
Last edited by Architeuthis on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohm
KVRAF
1513 posts since 2 Jul, 2004

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:04 am

Architeuthis wrote:Is this going to be addressed? Currently, LiveSlice will play a 2-bar loop at twice the original tempo. :?
It has always been adressed - it's been a feature in liveslice since the initial release. I'll explain:

If it's not an acidized loop or a rex file, you need to tell LiveSlice the duration of the loop. Of course it will try to guess the tempo, based on the current project tempo in the sequencer. If a loop is 90bpm, but the sequencer is running at 180bpm it will guess that you loaded a loop that is 180bpm (based on the assumption that most of the time users will load a loop that is around the same tempo as the project).

You can very easily change the number of bars in the slicer, and the tempo will be adjusted accordingly. If it's a two bar loop @90bpm, but LiveSlice guesses it
s a one bar loop @180bpm, just change the number of bars (in the beta) or the number of beats (in 1.46)

You can press save to save the tempo and slices in the file so you won't have to change the tempo in the same loop twice.

hope this helps.

- Jacob
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:38 am

OMG.... your post absolutely did not help. Why? Because ALL THIS TIME! I've been confused. I did not know there were *TWO* places to set bars. The slicer ***AND*** the sequencer... all this time... omg

:lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

KVRAF
3187 posts since 20 Sep, 2004 from Atlanta

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:03 am

cool! that helped *me*, ohm... AND that sort of # of bars manipulation between sequencer and slicer opens nifty possibilities as well :wink:
thanks!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:19 am

Ok one question though...

How does LiveSlice save as wav and remember the loop points? Is it actually saving waves with markers? Or what?

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:09 pm

Dood, I didn't know LiveSlice saved wave files with markers! Now I can load tempo-synced waves into Reaper.

SWEET.

KVRAF
9787 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:31 am

Architeuthis wrote:Ok one question though...

How does LiveSlice save as wav and remember the loop points? Is it actually saving waves with markers? Or what?
They're "ACIDized" wav files - i.e. with ACID-style markers.

PS If for some reason you don't want to overwrite your original file then change the name in the Loops section first.

Return to “Livelab.dk”