Will a MIDI guitar show me the piano notes?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m thinking of getting a MIDI guitar (like You Rock). If I play a chord on it, will it show me the piano keys of that chord in my DAW so I can then play the chord separately on my keyboard? I’m looking for a quick way to transcribe my guitar chords because I don’t know piano as well. Thanks.

What DAW do you use ?

This plugin could do it for you https://www.jamorigin.com/

Everything you play on your guitar can be recorded into your DAW as a midi file.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

I think Ableton Live can convert audio to midi right? .....OK next part .... You do NOT need Ableton Live to use this controller .... The Launchpad X controller (8x8) has a scales mode or note mode , so if you put it into E major or minor scale (chromatic) you will have it mapped out from the Nut E(1 bottom row)to the seventh fret B (8 bottom row) much like a guitar low E string , So A string would be 1 up from the bottom row , D two up from bottom , G three up ....NOW where the B string would be at it'll be a half step off I THINK .( Lolz ) the you have two more rows at the top .... another A and D string basically ..... So basically you have an 8 string TAB going from the Nut to the seventh fret on each row..... You could play your chords on it . Launchpad X also has 4 custom banks as well .... I have NOT tried this yet but , you could probably set it up with 6 different scales chromatic from bottom to top like a standard tuned guitar e a d g (b) e ..... Correcting that B string ! Or set it up note for note like a 6 or 7 string guitar or bass or whatever .. You'd only have access from the Nut to the 7th fret ...

I would think so - if it’s I putting MIDI, most DAWs will show the input MIDI on the piano roll.

However, I would suggest trying to learn where the guitar notes are on the piano as you go along, as it’s much quicker to think it through in your head once you know where the notes are.

zelda002 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 pm I’m looking for a quick way to transcribe my guitar chords because I don’t know piano as well.
There are smartphone apps that can show chords on bot guitar tabs and piano keys, just find one where you can input your guitar tab. Might take some digging around an app store but will be the cheapest solution for what you want.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
sbj wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:05 pm This plugin could do it for you <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https: ... om</span>/ (%3Cspan%20class=%22skimlinks-unlinked%22%3Ehttps%3A//www.jamorigin.com%3C/span%3E/)

Everything you play on your guitar can be recorded into your DAW as a midi file.
This looks perfect, thanks!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”