Ableton Tutorial Recommendations

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
KVRist
53 posts since 16 Feb, 2013

Post Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 am

Wasn't sure whether to post this in DAWs or here, but since there might be people getting started in Ableton after 11 came out I'd be interested which tutorials everyone has found useful in learning Ableton? Feel free to recommend both paid and free ones, doesn't really matter. If there are tutorials worth paying for would be cool to have somekind of a listing as well as recommended Youtube-tutorials, books (don't post the Ableton Manual :lol: ) and other resources even for older versions , such as 9 and 10, where newbies could find tips and tricks for it.

KVRer
6 posts since 18 Apr, 2021

Post Mon May 03, 2021 3:21 pm

I've learned Ableton mostly by using info-window in down-left corner. It's very informative. But also I guess that a good idea is to find an answer to each of your questions on YouTube.

KVRer
27 posts since 11 Feb, 2021

Post Mon May 03, 2021 6:17 pm

Kadenze. 8)

KVRist
55 posts since 7 Feb, 2021

Post Tue May 04, 2021 9:33 am

https://maryspendermasterclass.teachabl ... leton-live

I took this one during the last UK lockdown after finding Rachel’s videos on YouTube. I actually meant to take the one about performing live using Live but thought I’d take the opportunity to brush up as I was defaulting to trying the same things and was stuck in a bit of a rut and struggling to find tutorials that felt relevant. It’s a great one for beginners ($149 I could see the cost being off putting for beginners - i spread the cost over 3 months) and novices, there’s a few things that Rachel mentions that I forgot I knew or took for granted and not revisiting.

Now that I’m getting to the parts on Mixing & Transitions (probably the back 3rd of the course) I’m finding it a lot more useful but still pleased I watched & bought the rest.

There’s probably nothing here that isn’t discussed on other individual YouTube videos (and probably in more depth BUT I often struggle to focus on a lot of tutorials as they are sometimes a bit dry, make assumptions about prior knowledge, take ages to actually start teaching or just go on too long) but I was looking for a full refresh on Live it’s all collated together in short punchy videos without much preamble and are gathered together by topic with downloads.

I’ll be back for the second course.

KVRer
5 posts since 6 May, 2021

Post Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 am

This guy is probably one of the best when it comes to Ableton. Can really explain it in a way that sinks in immediately.
https://www.youtube.com/c/SeedtoStage/videos

KVRer
5 posts since 6 May, 2021

Post Thu May 06, 2021 8:51 am

And i also agree with blacklight. Rachel K Collier is legit.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”