Studio headphones

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys. I'm looking for a studio headphone but I don't know what headphone is the "best". I hear about Sennheiser HD 380 and Beyerdaynamic DT 990 pro 250ohm( for bayerdaynamic hadphones I hear you need a amplifier to hear the maximum potential but I don't know what amplifier works great with this headphone, I have a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and this own a headphone amplifier bunt I'm not shure if this is enough). So if you can recommand something to me please do it.

Sorry for my English.

If you're in a studio environment, I'd avoid an open-back headphone as you could get leakage/feedback unless that taken care of. I'm using the DT770-M closed back straight out of my AudioFire4 and I get plenty of volume.

I have Beyerdynamic DT770 pros 80 ohm. Great headphones. Comfy, loud.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I run a pair of DT990 Pro's out of my Fireface 400 without a headphone amp and they're plenty loud.

Superb, superb headphones.

I use Audio Technica ATH-M50X. Nice, comfy closed back headphones. Good bass response. I have them connected directly to a NI AK1 interface. No volume problems. I had some Sennheiser HD 450II previously. They weren't as comfortable to wear for long periods, and had problems with 'spill' as they are open backed.

I have a Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro running via UAD Apollo and they are sufficiently loud.

Are you shooting for a closed or open headphone?

If your computer is loud i'd stay away from open back but if not that's all I'd get tbh.

Running Beyer Dynamic dt990 pro with a headphone amp, I like hearing loss :D
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

These are very comfortable for those long hours spent in the nursery (aka the studio).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The monkey one seems to have the most pleasing character according to the facial expression.

n/m
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you want a headphone for monitoring/comparing purposes instead of one specifically for recording, you may decide to not go for an open-back model. In that case, there are various AKG models I would recommend: K240 Mk II, K 701, and K 702

Skorpius wrote:If you want a headphone for monitoring/comparing purposes instead of one specifically for recording, you may decide to not go for an open-back model. In that case, there are various AKG models I would recommend: K240 Mk II, K 701, and K 702
I have K240's and 701's as well as ATH-M50s and the DT990s. The DT's are way superior to them all imo.

Aloysius wrote:n/m
:lol:

I saw that. :P

:oops:

I've always used the ATH series and had good results, but not much to compare to. Currently have ATH M40s as well as a couple pairs of ATH M30s available for tracking with multiple people.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”