What is the best sounding DAW??

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I have been on Samplitude for many years now, and like it. I started to use it because I like the sound it has. The company (magix) claims it has a neutral sound.
At that time I tried many different DAWs. Fl, Cubase, Logic and I ended up with samplitude.

But what do you think? Does DAWs have different sound?
What DAW do you prefer the sound of?
:wink:

No, DAWs do not have different sound. They are all neutral and 'null' to each other. Some stock plugins have different algorithms, of course, that colour the sound.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

There will be many arguments but I feel every DAW have different sounds.

Ableton sounds wide, loud and clear.
Bitwig sounds detailed on quiet part but darker than Ableton.
I think Cubase have something like psychoacoustic technics.
It sounds very different.
Logic have a artifact on high-frequency when it reached the certain point.
Mutools Mulab sounds very clear, sounds like Protools.
I didn't like Reaper 4's week thin sound, but Reaper 5 have very natural sound.
And I really feel FL studio sounds darker than others.

I don't know why and some of these maybe placebo effects.
But I feel differences.
Each DAW has a different sound.

advanced mathematics is something you either feel or don't

it's all subjective right?

simonhans73 wrote:Hi
I have been on Samplitude for many years now, and like it. I started to use it because I like the sound it has. The company (magix) claims it has a neutral sound.
At that time I tried many different DAWs. Fl, Cubase, Logic and I ended up with samplitude.

But what do you think? Does DAWs have different sound?
What DAW do you prefer the sound of?
:wink:
How did you arrive at the conclusion that you preferred the 'sound' of Samplitude?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

replicant X wrote:There will be many arguments but I feel every DAW have different sounds.

But I feel differences.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

replicant X wrote:There will be many arguments but I feel every DAW have different sounds.

But I feel differences.
:lol:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Beware, psychology affect the perception of sound!

You can get the sound you like on every DAW. You can make sound like Gold or shit the DAW of you choice!!!
I newer seen A proper coded DAW sounding bad but tons of bad amateur sound engineers...

There is definitely a great difference in sound between different versions of Mulab, so I would assume that different daw might sound different too though I must admit it is/was no point for me to decide which daw to use, that was only differences in functionality. I think you can make a good sound with evry "approved" daw.

SAWStudio sounds best.

tatanka wrote:There is definitely a great difference in sound between different versions of Mulab, so I would assume that different daw might sound different too though I must admit it is/was no point for me to decide which daw to use, that was only differences in functionality. I think you can make a good sound with evry "approved" daw.
MuX is changing, that's the reason for it, try same audio file across all that versions, that's the way to go. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

do_androids_dream wrote: How did you arrive at the conclusion that you preferred the 'sound' of Samplitude?
I have demoed a lot of DAWs, and I end up with different sound in different DAWs.

I think like different vendors of plugins has a kind of signature sound the same goes for DAWs. There will always be a lot of choices when programming. It might affect the sound.

Dunno man. Got a thing goin in cubase, ported to bitwig. In cubase it sounded all like creamy and sweet you know? Bitwig? Sounded like jello pudding. Then in live and fl, f*ck I dunno how they made it sound all like jolly ranchers.

the best sounding daw is Quit.Now from DoYourselfAFavor, Co.

Get the 'No, Seriously" expansion for best results.

:smack: Silence sounds best in Reaper !
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”