Headphones as good as the Sony MDR 7506

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

K712s are great at low end referencing but need time to break in. HD 650s are also very decent.

I recently got a pair of AKG K92s and I doubt you'll find anything even close for under $100. They are a huge step up from the Sennheiser Momentum 2's I use when I'm out and about, for less than half the price. You get good isolation which makes them handy for recording vocals. too (which is mostly what I use headphones for).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Samson SR950 - WAY BETTER than anything you can buy under 150 euro if need good home studio mixing/mastering reference headphones ...under 30 euro from Thomann.
Cheerz :)

Those Samsons look like they are made by AKG, similar to the ones that come with Focusrite's Scarlett Studio. The Scarlett Studio ones are just OK, nothing more.

https://au.akg.com/Professional%20Headp ... nt#start=1
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Still use an old pair of Sony MDR-V700 here. They have been gorilla taped, epoxied, stepped on, lost, found, rained on and still deliver. Next best thing to a towel and The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy.

Really satisfied with my Superlux HD 681, for 20 bucks best bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd681.htm
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I have some headphones and some IEM but all are cheap

Samson sr850...has a little bit of more highs but being open back the bass is more than adequate for a Dubstep and other sub bass heavy music

KZ ES4 ... I know it's completely Chinese. but boy are these IEM flat as ..insert anything.. .plus it has 1 year warranty so..... But you will need to buy some good foam tips I am using some comply 500 series tips works like a charm.

I have many more but I recommend these two from my collection
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”