Best channel strip? Sound and work flow.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm also getting a lot of mileage out of Voxengo's Voxformer and Drumformer channel strips. Don't let the names fool you, they are suitable for use on a variety of instruments and mix situations and have some great gating, saturation, and de-essing features. Biggest difference - Voxformer is single-band, Drumformer has up to 3 frequency bands for compression/saturation.

I am a big fan of channel strip plugins. Some of my favorites include the following:

* Brainworx bx_console E & G
* McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip
* Metric Halo ChannelStrip 3
* Softube Summit Audio Grand Channel
* Wave Arts TrackPlug 5

Each one has its own pluses and minuses. Therefore, it is difficult for me to state which one is best and I use all of the ones listed regularly.

I will mention that the one plugin that surprised me the most is the McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip. I honestly did not think I would use the said plugin very often after purchase, but it has become a true workhorse in my studio.

One channel strip that is extremely featured rich, but has not clicked with me, at all, is iZotope's Neutron, which is shocking because I like its predecessor, Alloy 2.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”