Rapid vs Dune3?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:31 pm You are still not getting it because DUNE can still do it EXACTLY the same way Rapid does, as well as having the little 3 op engine per oscillator.

But eventually you manage to get to some features DUNE doesn't have, so thanks for that. Seriously, a lot of the time getting useful information around here is like pulling teeth. Someone asks a reasonably straightforward question but getting a useful answer requires two pages of stuffing about and filtering misinformation. It shouldn't be this hard but, finally, I see that it might be worth downloading the demo and having a play around.
RTFM
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Trust me, if I need to read the manual to work out how to use something, I am not going to bother with it at all. It's not like there aren't already a gazillion intuitive instruments around that give us hundreds of choices for anything we want to do. e.g. I have never had to look at the manual (or watch a tutorial video or anything else) for Thorn or DUNE or Legend or Vacuum Pro or Korg's ARP Odyssey (although I did pick up a handy trick from around here) or TRK-01 or Substance or any of the synths I actually use. So maybe I don't want to download the Rapid demo now?
simmo75 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 amHave you tried it since the GUI's were updated?
It's dope now
I've looked at all the screenshots and I don't really like it much at all. It's not terrible but it's hardly a thing of beauty, either, and that mod matrix doesn't look like much fun. Mind you, I don't think it is as bad as DUNE's, as far as practicality is concerned, but DUNE 3 looks much nicer.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:00 am Trust me, if I need to read the manual to work out how to use something, I am not going to bother with it at all.
What if your doctor tells you the same about his new gear or something? Being stupid and ineffective is your own choice.

Iva wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:18 am
BONES wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:00 am Trust me, if I need to read the manual to work out how to use something, I am not going to bother with it at all.
What if your doctor tells you the same about his new gear or something? Being stupid and ineffective is your own choice.
i dont think you are likely to kill someone with a vst

Dune is good but Rapid is far far superior. But one should get both, they compliment each other nicely.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

pepelogu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 am Dune is good but Rapid is far far superior. But one should get both, they compliment each other nicely.
why would you get both if rapid is "far far superior"?

they are both from champion league

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 am
pepelogu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 am Dune is good but Rapid is far far superior. But one should get both, they complement each other nicely.
He wrote: "they complement each other nicely". Makes sense to me :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:31 am
Curious to know what kind of sound design the guy who wrote that is doing, maybe is using presets? Mastering Dune 3 synthesis is quiet complex task as can be rapid!
if you realy are into sound design from scrath you Know what I mean!
Please argument seriously instead of giving wothless answers whith therms like "Superior" without explaining why?

pepelogu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 am Dune is good but Rapid is far far superior. But one should get both, they complement each other nicely.

oh right, so an inferior synth and a superior synth, totally complimentary... i get it now :roll:

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:35 pm
oh right, so an inferior synth and a superior synth, totally complimentary... i get it now :roll:
You seem to lose any traces of rationality, when DUNE is in question :roll:

Anyway, I am not his lawyer, neither did he ask for my support, but again he didn't wrote "totally complimentary" (totally is only in your brain). He wrote "they complement each other nicely". I don't see any contradiction in the fact of a synth that's inferior (his words, not mine) could be "complementary" to another that's superior.

I don't agree that DUNE is inferior to Rapid, just different (that's why I agree with the "complementary" comment), but that's not the question.

And the word is "complementary" (from complement) not "complimentary" (from compliment).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:01 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:35 pm
You seem to lose any traces of rationality, when DUNE is in question :roll:

Anyway, I am not his lawyer, neither did he ask for my support, but again he didn't wrote "totally complimentary" (totally is only in your brain). He wrote "they complement each other nicely". I don't see any contradiction in the fact of a synth that's inferior (his words, not mine) could be "complementary" to another that's superior.

I don't agree that DUNE is inferior to Rapid, just different (that's why I agree with the "complementary" comment), but that's not the question.

And the word is "complementary" (from complement) not "complimentary" (from compliment).
it doesn't matter what the two synths are... but to say one is "far far superior" to the other, and then recommend getting both as they "complement each other" (with no explanation to either statement at all) seems rather contradictory to me

perhaps he could chime in and explain, he probably knows what he means more than a spokesman

and thanks for the spelling correction

also....

Anyway, I am not his lawyer, neither did he ask for my support, but again he didn't wrote...

the word is write, not wrote.

Rapid has this annoying ui & many little workflow killers. Also it's more aimed at creating super bright and heavily effected 1 finger songs. Dune is the clear winner for me.

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:13 pm also....

Anyway, I am not his lawyer, neither did he ask for my support, but again he didn't wrote...

the word is write, not wrote.
And I stand corrected :hihi: :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:31 am why would you get both if rapid is "far far superior"?
He wrote: "they complement each other nicely". Makes sense to me :shrug:[/quote]
Maybe in isolation but not in the context of the whole post and certainly not without further explanation, as it seems to me they are very, very similar with massive overlap in capability. It's like saying a Mazda MX5 (Miata) and a Toyota 86 complement each other nicely.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”