Just Bought a Used Arturia 32 Analog Experience The Factory, Next Step?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought this controller and plugged it in and set up the software. All I'm seeing are events showing that the keyboard is operating but no sounds. Supposedly, it probably has some sounds loaded into it already. I am not sure it's working. Are there patches online I can try before I buy it?

Could you be a bit more specific about what software, computer setup, etc ... also, you said you "bought this controller" , then asked if there are any patches you can try before you buy it. :?

The keyboard is just a midi controller. The sounds are in the Analog Factory software. Is this what you installed? if so you should be able to run it (standalone or inside a DAW) and play the sounds.
Image Image Image Image

I meant before I buy any patches. It's a Windows 7 machine, basic Desktop with a Beats Soundcard. I was just playing their ARP 2600 demo, so the Soundcard is operating OK. I have the SN at the bottom but they want a log in code. Is this machine proprietary, and I'll have to buy something else fairly expensive? I notice they have sound modules at the site for like $8.

Sounds like you didn't get or install the Analog Factory software then? That came with around 3500 patches but has been replaced with Analog Lab which is what you see on the site.

Did you buy this used? if so, the serial might already be registered and you may not be able to use Analog Factory or Analog Lab.

The keyboard isn't proprietary, you can use it with any software but the controls will be automatically mapped to Arturia's synths and Analog Lab.
Image Image Image Image

Thanks, installing it now. I see it was MIDI Control Center that I installed.

I get "this isn't registered" error. There is supposedly a trial limited version but haven't problems finding it. (maybe that's just the 20 minute demo they offer).

If you're the first owner, then you'll need to create an Arturia account and register the keyboard with the included serial number.

If this is a used keyboard the previous owner may have already done this, which would mean you won't be able to use the bundled Analog Factory software as it would be tied to their account (unless they unregistered it when selling the keyboard). Registration (if possible) will take care of the demo state of the software.

You can get a trial of Analog Lab (the replacement for Analog Factory) here.
Image Image Image Image

No, I am at the freeware trial stage right now. Trying Cakewalk with Helix. I am old school, playing synths since 1975.

Now I see in the title that you got this used (it's late and I'm tired) so chances are you wouldn't be able to register Analog Factory.

Not a big deal really as you can use the keyboard with any software you like and you can manually assign the onboard controls with midi learn.
Image Image Image Image

You should contact the seller and ask him to go through the deregistering or transfer of registration process on the Arturia website. That way you will access the software and have it registered in your name. It has been a while, but I sold a Spark LE and the software transfer was really painless (don't remember the details exactly) but it is not a big deal for the seller.

Thanks everyone. I got it at a thrift shop! :tu:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”