New to this - using Yamaha THR10C

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Struggling with trying to get Tracktion Version 7.2.1 (Built: 1 August 2016) (64-bit) to work with my Yamaha THR10C.

I have it connected via usb to my Windows 10 machine.

My audio is setup as ASIO.

It appears to see my amp fine and I think it is recording OK from the Yamaha. Howver, I can't seem to get any output, at all. Am I missing something?

Any idea, gratefully received.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike, welcome to KVR! I have a THR10 that works well with my Mac-based setup.

When you say you "I think it is recording OK from the Yamaha. However, I can't seem to get any output, at all"...

Do you mean you can see a signal on the meters and a waveform being created while recording but you don't hear anything? If so, what is your monitoring setup?

The THR appears to the computer as a USB interface. Do you have the THR app open while you're doing this? If you are playing back recorded material and don't have a 2nd interface connected, the DAW playback will come through the THR's speakers -- be sure to turn up the "USB/Aux" knob on the THR10 to hear it. Also, check that you have the most recent driver/app(s) from Yamaha.

On Mac, I can use the THR10 along with another soundcard by creating something called an "Aggregate Audio Device" which can be a bit of a PITA but worth it.

Not sure how Tracktion handles monitoring, but maybe you have to set up monitoring correctly? For example, you might have to arm the track to hear the output, or toggle monitoring somewhere.

Check this post to see if anything there helps:

viewtopic.php?t=404200

I've come back to this, more in hope. My guitar is connected via my THR10 - which records fine. However, I have a USB Rode microphone connected - Waveform refuses point-blank to allow both of them to operate together. It seems I can only use one USB input. That seems bizarre. Ho hum, still unable to use Waveform.

Oh, you can use WaveForm (dedicated support forum is not here but >here<, btw)
It is a limitation of ASIO that only one device may be used at any given time.

Hacky work-around: >asio4all< in Einstein-mode. This can wrap several hardware devices into one aggregated virtual ASIO device.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thanks for that. renders it pretty useless. I can't be the only one with USB devices. Cheers.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”