What DAW is the best video editor?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Logic Pro X - Pretty easy to get up and going with that. It really depends on how much capability you need though.

i think logic pro...

Audio~Geek wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:01 pm You can do quite a lot in REAPER for video editing. I made a course on it here
https://reaperblog.net/course/reaperblog-video-tools/
You can? I'll check out your blurb there boyeee...

I just use Reaper to switcheroo the audio during a video cutscene.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Acknowledging that this thread is pretty old, I’ll just mention for anyone who cares that Ebo Suite for Ableton Live is a pretty interesting alternative approach.
https://isotonikstudios.com/product/ebo ... ive-clips/
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I guess if you really want make a video with different scenes and cuts you will need a full fledged video-editor - as was mentioned before. My recommendations: Da Vinci Resolve Free, Hitfilm Express and Vegas.

I second (for those with FL Studio) what sjm posted here viewtopic.php?p=7536156#p7536156
The ZGameEditor Visualizer is great for some synchronized visual stuff made quickly. After having done that the chops can be exported as mp4 (eg.)and imported into a Video editor to make the real cutting (and importing other chunks as well).

And considering workflowwise: If there is a completed song it is easy to load it up into some video-editor and to make all the visuals therein. For free you also have shotcut and OpenShot.

Some work of course, but better videos probably.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

deastman wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:31 pm Acknowledging that this thread is pretty old, I’ll just mention for anyone who cares that Ebo Suite for Ableton Live is a pretty interesting alternative approach.
https://isotonikstudios.com/product/ebo ... ive-clips/
Mac only, unfortunately, but Zwobot is in the same territory and cross-platform.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Nuendo

VernonPena wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:22 am I want to look for a good video editing app
Mac or PC?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

PeterP_swe wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:29 am DaVinci Resolve is a video editor with a built in DAW (Fairlight). That's the only program I know that is both.
I now use DaVinci Resolve for all video-editing tasks, though never touched built-in DAW. I already have everything set-up in Ableton and only record one stream of audio in OBS Studio.

DaVinci (Fairlight) supports VST, which could be very useful. Finally a reason to consider buying Izotope RX.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Cakewalk is free for Windows and does video quite well.
But I second Davinci. You could do it in Bkender's VSE too, but if you don't use Blender that would také quite some time...

thomekk wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:43 pm I guess if you really want make a video with different scenes and cuts you will need a full fledged video-editor - as was mentioned before. My recommendations: Da Vinci Resolve Free, Hitfilm Express and Vegas.
And considering workflowwise: If there is a completed song it is easy to load it up into some video-editor and to make all the visuals therein. For free you also have shotcut and OpenShot.

Can I ask: for the true video editors (i.e. not DAWs), is there anyone that's free and easy to use that works with tempos? What I'm after is an editor that understands that my song is in 112 BPM and snaps markers accordingly (instead of to whole seconds or so). I made a video in Premiere once, but getting scene changes to snap to beats was a pain, and in the end you could tell I'd done it manually anyway.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Cubase pro 10.5 for Windows 10
Or Nuendo as alternative that’s more suited for video

Steinberg wins

Hands down

SparkySpark wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:31 pm
thomekk wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:43 pm I guess if you really want make a video with different scenes and cuts you will need a full fledged video-editor - as was mentioned before. My recommendations: Da Vinci Resolve Free, Hitfilm Express and Vegas.

Can I ask: for the true video editors (i.e. not DAWs), is there anyone that's free and easy to use that works with tempos?
Free, beat timeline, comparably easy (if you know DAWs) and video is Cakewalk.
I know of no video editor that does have a beat timeline

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 pm Free, beat timeline, comparably easy (if you know DAWs) and video is Cakewalk.
Thanks! :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:26 am
ReleaseCandidate wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 pm Free, beat timeline, comparably easy (if you know DAWs) and video is Cakewalk.
Thanks! :tu:
But in a DAW you edit the audio to fit the video, you can't edit the video. I forgot to add that to my post.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”