How are you finding people to collaborate, crosspollinate, mutate with?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've worked with a lot of artists all kinds of ways in other media, but for a number of reasons, I'm approaching this work differently and letting it happen. I love that I don't have to sit with X# of other people in a studio for days/weeks/months and we can just toss things back and forth through the internets. Sure, maybe I'll find a cat who I click w/and we get a deal and a ton of studio time. But for now, I'm letting my work go out there, starting at Soundcloud, other forums and discussion boards, social media, website and just keep fanning out to see what sticks.

I'll admit this topic might seem like a ruse to get people to collaborate w/me but it's not all that. I admit, my tracks are not full-blown songs that anyone would dance to and I'm mostly interested in seeing what other ppl can do w/it or what happens when I work w/other artists.

So what forums, what meetups, what methods does everybody use to find like minds (esp during Covidiana!)?

Thanks!

How are you finding people to collaborate
I do not, no one likes me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

given the insanely YOOJ response I'm guessing everybody is too busy collaborating ... or no one likes me either.

I got into a number of collaborations by just commenting on fellow musicians posts on YouTube. After a while, I reached out to them with a partially formed track and a collab happened. Others have just approached me directly on this forum.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Dear everybody, please never ask me to collaborate an a project with you. I hate doing them, takes all the fun out IMO.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:18 pm Dear everybody, please never ask me to collaborate an a project with you. I hate doing them, takes all the fun out IMO.
:hihi: that's the spirit.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:47 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:18 pm Dear everybody, please never ask me to collaborate an a project with you. I hate doing them, takes all the fun out IMO.
:hihi: that's the spirit.
:lol:

Just putting it out there proactively so that it's not uncomfortable later :hihi:

well at least I'm getting replies so ... that's the spirit!

also, I operate on the principle that everybody is an asshole until proven otherwise. everybody on this topic is in the clear :love: :love: :love: :love:

djeryld wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:43 pm well at least I'm getting replies so ... that's the spirit!

also, I operate on the principle that everybody is an asshole until proven otherwise. everybody on this topic is in the clear :love: :love: :love: :love:
Not true, I'm a bona fide arsehole.

yeah but I didn't spell it that way ... so there ya go mushy

I'm a drummer and played in a few bands and they'll all confirm that I've never collaborated with anyone

Off topic, but I really like to collaborate in person in room filled with magic moments and emotions, when I go out to bar or something, someone reaches to my table and asks me about collaborating or have some proposition, but in few seconds you can see if is anything worth pursuing there, some people are not worth your time, with others i have some crazy chemistry and it just clicks, dunno, I would never work with anyone online, it's just pointless IMHO.

Remix Contests, Soundcloud, music forums / communities, labels ...

But they must be really good! :D

Adult sites. They have search engines with search options which makes it easier to find people with similar interests. Once the search result comes up with a bunch of profiles, then it's messaging time and getting into the details of how we would like to collaborate, crosspollinate, mutate with each other.

Usually it comes to nothing, though.

:hihi: 8) :hihi:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”