KVRAF
2500 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks Shane!

-Jer
A well-behaved signature.

puffer
KVRian
553 posts since 5 Jun, 2002 from way back when...

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:53 pm

Very cool, man. Thanks.
Now Somewhat Retired

lithren
KVRist
67 posts since 10 Sep, 2006

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Thank you! :)

ohm
KVRAF
1513 posts since 2 Jul, 2004

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:39 am

Very playable samples, thank you very much.
That Pakistani framedrum of yours sounds great too, I'll have to purchase that set too.
I'd like to get a real framedrum actually, but I don't really travel to Pakistan all that often :-) I can get cheap frame drums from Remo - synthetic skins and all... or I could go for a Def or a Bodhrán. This "circle drum" from schlagwerk.de looks interesting too, and I can get it for about 100$...
Any advice? Should I go for a tunable drum or is that unimportant?[/url]
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Shane Sanders
KVRAF
4065 posts since 10 Oct, 2002 from Nashville, TN USA

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:39 pm

ohm wrote:Very playable samples, thank you very much.
That Pakistani framedrum of yours sounds great too, I'll have to purchase that set too.
I'd like to get a real framedrum actually, but I don't really travel to Pakistan all that often :-) I can get cheap frame drums from Remo - synthetic skins and all... or I could go for a Def or a Bodhrán. This "circle drum" from schlagwerk.de looks interesting too, and I can get it for about 100$...
Any advice? Should I go for a tunable drum or is that unimportant?[/url]
I'd have to say that tunability is always good for real drums because over time even synthetic heads are going to drift. There's nothing worse than an overtone that can't be dialed in to the tonal material on some level.

Samples, while offering less of a 'playability' factor, can be tuned liked crazy without much fuss.

If you are going to use this type of drum with other material, I'd go for the smallest one. Much easier to make sit in with a mix. For solos, the biggest you can get.

ohm
KVRAF
1513 posts since 2 Jul, 2004

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:59 am

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I'll be needing several sizes of tunable framedrums.
Just purchased most of your samplepacks btw. Hope to try them out tonight. I'm probably gonna map them in shortcirquit - it has a some neat modulation features that can really make percussion samples come alive: cut some high frequencies for low velocities, a parametric eq that gives more bass with higher velocities and some lfo's for variation, etc. I'll post the shortcircuit files when I have something (without the samples of course). Now that it's free I figure most windows people will have it installed.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

core
KVRAF
4677 posts since 2 Sep, 2005 from city of lights (nl)

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:44 am

Thank you Shane. Looking forward to playing with these.
Rekkerd.org the latest audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Got GAS? ... You'll want to check this out!

Blank_Frank
KVRAF
1542 posts since 21 Aug, 2003 from Omicron Persei 8

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:18 am

Sold! I just bought all four of your sample packs, and will be getting Luke Skirenko's as well - some very interesting stuff in all of these. Thanks for your generosity, and the donation to charity. Merry Christmas.
Pithy apothegm goeth here...

damstraversaz
KVRian
538 posts since 1 Mar, 2004 from france

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:05 am

thanks !

ohm,

I'm playing a lot a frame drum . some remo are really good , I don't have a very good feeling with the schlawerg stuff when I tried it. the best I know actually are the cooperman frame drum :http://cooperman.com/
( the hadjira and the ghaval are the best frame drum I'm playing) the riq is very good too , whereas I prefer to use a traditional riq.cooperman's people are very nice, when I purchase the hadjira , they send to me all the jingles and some new jingles actually in test for free. hope it helps

Shane Sanders
KVRAF
4065 posts since 10 Oct, 2002 from Nashville, TN USA

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:13 pm

Just a few more days left...

SWTrex
KVRian
1410 posts since 19 Mar, 2004

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:41 am

Here's a re-up of my .sfz file for anyone who missed it first time around...

http://download.yousendit.com/325BB81E2812C7B9

SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Return to “Sample Squad”