What kind of metal container is this?

Official support for: samplesquad.com
Shane Sanders
KVRAF
4065 posts since 10 Oct, 2002 from Nashville, TN USA

Post Sat May 03, 2008 7:57 pm

What kind of metal container is this?

It makes some great sounds when struck or scraped. Anyone interested in an inexpensive sample pack originating from this type of object? I'd be attacking it with hammers, sticks, rubber mallets, fingernails, coins, glass, and various other striking tools.

Polite Company
KVRian
1194 posts since 23 Jan, 2006 from wrapped up in the fuzz - Boston, MA!

Post Sat May 03, 2008 8:03 pm

It's looks a bit like an old milk jug, the kind they would transport milk in from the farm to the stores and such. There looks to be writing on the side but I suppose you cannot make that out. Anyway a sample pack would certainly be worth at least a look, or listen as the case would be. I guess the real question is what you mean by 'inexpensive'.
"Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn't know that it is counting." - Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
---
e to the i pi plus one equals zero

geoffrey
KVRian
673 posts since 28 Jul, 2004

Post Sat May 03, 2008 8:03 pm

An old milk can...Don't know what kind of metal...

Shane Sanders
KVRAF

Post Sat May 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Hard to believe they would put milk directly into a metal container! Thanks guys. I had no idea what it was.

Shane Sanders
KVRAF

Post Sat May 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Polite Company wrote:I guess the real question is what you mean by 'inexpensive'.
Less than five U.S. dollars for a pack of somewhere between 50 to 75 samples. I might be able to get more than that out of it because of how many unique scraping techniques are available. It's quite marvelous, just the sort of thing that makes people lust after weird reverbs. :)

All the SampleSquad.com packs are less than $5, and most are $3.49.

luxth
KVRian
906 posts since 31 Dec, 2004

Post Sat May 03, 2008 11:29 pm

I'm in.
Dream Audio Tools - Sample libraries http://www.dreamaudiotools.com
Archisounds - Music Website http://www.archisounds.net

Return to “Sample Squad”