EchoMelt and Phonec 2 won't show up in Ableton 9.7.7

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit system.

Still setting up this machine...have most of my work and VSTs moved over. I have the original installer archives for most things, including both versions of EchoMelt and Phonec 2. I installed them, but Ableton doesn't "see" them when it loads. (I'm using the 32-bit versions here.) I found the threads about the missing msvcp100.dll and I installed it in the Windows/System32 directory, but that didn't fix it.

FWIW, I had to do the majority of the install on a secondary drive (as opposed to the C: system drive) because the system drive is a smaller SSD (the secondary drive is 1TB). Also, the way I set up my VSTs is a little unique: I created shortcuts for everything, and I have Ableton pointing to a directory where all the shortcuts are stored (this allows me to sort them into Synths and FX, as opposed to having one gigantic unsorted list). This configuration worked fine on my previous system, I'm just not sure what I did to get these VSTs to show up.

I would appreciate suggestions for troubleshooting.

Sorry for the late response to this. Try moving the plugins out of any folders they are in and rescan. I had this issue when reformatting my win 10 laptop and this solved it. Let me know if it works.

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:38 pm Sorry for the late response to this. Try moving the plugins out of any folders they are in and rescan. I had this issue when reformatting my win 10 laptop and this solved it. Let me know if it works.
I had the exact same issue with the computer music version and your suggestion worked for me. Bit of a shame as I like to keep my folder structure tidy, but no less grateful. Cheers!

Return to “Psychic Modulation”