Phonec updated to v2.4 (Now with MPE support)

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
KVRian

Topic Starter

1480 posts since 24 Apr, 2002 from New Orleans, LA

Post Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:45 am

MCMorrise wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:18 am
Hey Jack, loving version 2.4. I'm noticing a bug with note behavior when I use the sustain pedal. This may be a Logic X thing (I'm using 10.5.1) but I've never had it with other synths.

If I press notes and then press and release the sustain pedal (while continuing to hold said notes), they continue to sound as expected.

If, while holding the sustain pedal, I release and then press those same notes a second time, they will release with the sustain pedal, even though I'm still holding the keys.

The complication with this odd sustain behavior lies mostly with the fact that as a pianist, I'll often roll chords while the sustain pedal is down and still be holding some of those notes when I release the pedal.

Does that make sense? :?
A similar bug was supposedly fixed long ago, I'll have to look into it.
Also, I have a request. I would really, really like some kind of warning dialogue when I'm about to overwrite a patch. I have redundant backups of everything I make, but the ONE time I hadn't backed it up yet, I overwrote it. The Load and Save buttons look the same at 7 AM. :help: :cry:
I'm overhauling the patch management system for Phonec3, which I'm working on currently. These annoying problems will be fixed.

KVRist
46 posts since 1 Mar, 2010

Post Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:48 pm

WOOOOOOO! I'm so excited! Will we have some way of translating our Phonec2 patches?

KVRAF
8941 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:03 am

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:45 am
I'm overhauling the patch management system for Phonec3, which I'm working on currently. These annoying problems will be fixed.
This is great to hear. I hope you'll be adding in MPE expressions as modulation sources.

Also - I vote for multi-touch support! :)
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

KVRer
1 posts since 21 Nov, 2019

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:42 am

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:45 am
MCMorrise wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:18 am
Hey Jack, loving version 2.4. I'm noticing a bug with note behavior when I use the sustain pedal. This may be a Logic X thing (I'm using 10.5.1) but I've never had it with other synths.

If I press notes and then press and release the sustain pedal (while continuing to hold said notes), they continue to sound as expected.

If, while holding the sustain pedal, I release and then press those same notes a second time, they will release with the sustain pedal, even though I'm still holding the keys.

The complication with this odd sustain behavior lies mostly with the fact that as a pianist, I'll often roll chords while the sustain pedal is down and still be holding some of those notes when I release the pedal.

Does that make sense? :?
A similar bug was supposedly fixed long ago, I'll have to look into it.
Also, I have a request. I would really, really like some kind of warning dialogue when I'm about to overwrite a patch. I have redundant backups of everything I make, but the ONE time I hadn't backed it up yet, I overwrote it. The Load and Save buttons look the same at 7 AM. :help: :cry:
I experience similar sustain pedal issues. Hard to describe it but play some chords that have common notes and meanwhile press and release the pedal and you'll notice some notes will cancel out and you get stuck notes every once in a while.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”