Neurosynth Tutorials

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here I'll be posting several Neurosynth related tutorials, tips & tricks. Feel free to discuss any of the tactics covered in this thread.
Last edited by jack [psychicmodulation] on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Using Cerebrum's External Audio Processor Inside a Sequencer

Here's a quick tutorial on how to use Cerebrum's External Audio Processor inside of a sequencer. In this example we will be using Energy XT as the host.

First, we need to load up Cerebrum along with a decent pad synth, I'm using the STS-24pro, you can get the free 2-voice version here:http://www.hgf-synthesizer.de/

Next, we will choose Cerebrum's 'geted' preset (it will be the very last preset in the list.)

Now for the most crucial part, if we want to hear the effect, we need to route the STS's output into Cerebrum by choosing 'Cerebrum_2 01' as the output instead of 'Mater out 01', see how this is done below:

Now you can draw in some notes for the STS to play, alternatively you can play them with your MIDI keyboard.

Notice in the example above, that only the STS is playing a MIDI part, Cerebrum will be running in host sync mode. Be sure to enable the 'Host' button first, see below:

Now you can press play in eXT's sequencer and you will hear Cerebrum playing the grooves accompanied by gated pads. Scroll through the STS's presets while this is playing, some will sound better as gated pads than others.

As a final note, notice what's happening in Cerebrum, the 'Hat' and 'Metal' are being used as sequence gates, while the others are playing normally:

Now that you have a good understanding of the way the EAP's work, you can feel free to experiment with Cerebrum's controls and routing the audio into different sequencers.

Thanks for the tip. The EAP is one of the Neurosynths feature that I have not tried yet. I will give it a shot soon.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”