FR - fill rate slider (like Utonic) for Cortex & Cerebrum

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is one of the main reasons I liked U-tonic. If Cortex & Cerebrum had this I would definately think about using them quite a bit more. Especially Cortex, because I dont think any other sample-based drum VSTIs have this! Looking 4ward to V3!

Could you go into detail about what a fill rate slider does?
I'm really not familiar with utonic.

In U-tonic, each step out of the 16 has an accent and a fill button. There is also a fill slider the ranges from 2x-8x, on U-tonic this slider is globally assigned but it would be cool if it wasn't. Anyway the fun part is automating the slide rate to create RDJ style snare & hi-hat rolls. If this were possible in Cortex, I think it would be the only sample-based type to have this function 8) . U-tonic is synthesis-based and probably the most popular and with good reason (aka have a look at it and make something better! :hihi: )

Thanks Jack!

I'll keep this in mind for the next update.
Thanks.

:)

Jack,
I believe he's referring to the rolls/fills function on Sonic Charge's Microtonic. A "flam" (old school reference) controller. This is actually a great funtion of their machine.
Hope this helps a little,
Jazzyspoon

jbone32water wrote:Jack,
I believe he's referring to the rolls/fills function on Sonic Charge's Microtonic. A "flam" (old school reference) controller. This is actually a great funtion of their machine.
Jazzyspoon
Thanks!
I had a succesfull go at it today, so I can safely say that flam/rolls will be included in v3.0.
I will also try to include sliders for each step to determin the speed of the flam.
I'm guessing thats what the fill rate slider would be, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Jack R wrote:
Jazzyspoon
Thanks!
I had a succesfull go at it today, so I can safely say that flam/rolls will be included in v3.0.
I will also try to include sliders for each step to determin the speed of the flam.
I'm guessing thats what the fill rate slider would be, but correct me if I'm wrong.
will this also be available in the soon to be released new cerebrum? this would really be great.

AKJ wrote:
Jack R wrote:
Jazzyspoon
Thanks!
will this also be available in the soon to be released new cerebrum? this would really be great.
Yes, the option is called 'glitch', not really a traditional flam, instead it's a roll that goes from slow to really fast, and can produce a glitchy effect at high speed. I would still like to expand on this to also be able to get a traditional flam in a later update.

great!

Return to “Psychic Modulation”